Morning TR, 1/16/08

IrishSnow686

Got to the lower lot at 8:20 and it was empty. Made my 1st run down Lazy Mile and it was straight cord. I was going to use it as a warm up run but decided to just go straight down and not make any turns. 2nd run was down Challenge, figured I would hit it up before it started to deteriorate throughout the day. Continued to do Lazy and Challenge to Lower Sidewinder to Terrain Run for a good number of runs. The jump at the end of Lower Sidewinder was pretty sweet. Around 10am, about 1/2 way down Lazy, they had a slalom course set up the was closed to the public. Around that time as well, the snowmaking stopped on nearly the entire mountain except for the fan gun at the top of Homestretch. I only did a few runs down Main Street, Come Around Park, and The Chute/Midway. For nearly the entire morning, the left side of the mountain was closed. Razors was being blown on then groomed out and Paradise was being groomed. Once Paradise opened around 10:30 or so, the crowd that began to grow on Lazy spread over the Paradise.

There were alot to Gapers again out today.. lots of people skiing w/ jeans.. even saw a snowboarder w/ jeans. Blue is def becoming more and more popular for the midweek crowd. I remember just 2-3 years ago I would ride the entire day and maybe ride the lift once or twice with someone. Today, I only was able to ride the lift for about an hour by myself and then it was easily 3-4 people to a chair. A line even began to grow eventhough it was only about a 1-2 minute wait. Closer to noon, the lift began to stop every so often for someone. I saw one gaper lady wearing a bear head hat take a nice spill off the chair just as it left the loading area. That stopped the lift for a good 3 minutes while she picked her self back up, grabbed her one ski that fell off and tried to walk back to the loading area w/ one ski still on. I thought back to the TR from the other day from Grilledsteeze and wanted to shout "BACK OF THE LINE!"

Overall, it was a great morning for fast runs early. A mid day grooming would be much appreciated for the night crowd I am sure.