Big Boulder Park on the Home Page of NS

Papasteeze

i'd personally rather ride at blue or bear creek just for the vibe. both are extremely laid back and fun, while boulder if full of arrogant assholes who just deteriorate the entire scene.

Since everyone thinks that (and in no way am I denying it), no one's coming up and giving it a try..May Day last year was amazing, partly because of the vibe. So many kids from so many different places showed up and everyone got along. Yes, Boulder is ridiculously clique-y but there are a few of us who ride there regularly and wish that some kids would come up and actually talk to us haha. Even the kids that come up to ride have their own cliques so that they don't feel "left out" so to speak. Shit's messed. I wish there was something to do about it. But hey, if you ever head up there and see a chick in an orange jacket and 08 fujatives or a guy with a ridiculous neon yellow hoodie, just holler. We wish we had more people to ski with..but we don't..

The reputation skiers and boarders have (chill, laid back, outgoing, etc) is completely shattered by Boulder. It's ridiculous.

I actually rode by myself a lot last year just because I couldn't even take the scene.

And THAT is what Blue and Bear have on Boulder.

Edited by meggles

Good point megan, but hey, communication works both ways. Over the christmas break, i was stopping every twin tipper and asking, where you from? Everyone seemed really stoked to be there and was happy to talk. Someone has to welcome, I even saw Jackie last weekend and asked who you riding with? she said same crew... so yeah crews seem to be the thing now. I just can't figure out why kids seem so shy to ask, "hey can I make some turns with you?"

It has something to do with park skills, I am sure. thats too bad, cause most of the skiers I know are happy to give some tips and show off what they know, but you got to approach them first. some one has to speak first.. Everyone seems so shy and introverted.

It has something to do with park skills, I am sure. thats too bad, cause most of the skiers I know are happy to give some tips and show off what they know, but you got to approach them first. some one has to speak first.. Everyone seems so shy and introverted.

thats true. people just need to ask.

Since everyone thinks that (and in no way am I denying it), no one's coming up and giving it a try..May Day last year was amazing, partly because of the vibe. So many kids from so many different places showed up and everyone got along. Yes, Boulder is ridiculously clique-y but there are a few of us who ride there regularly and wish that some kids would come up and actually talk to us haha. Even the kids that come up to ride have their own cliques so that they don't feel "left out" so to speak. Shit's messed. I wish there was something to do about it. But hey, if you ever head up there and see a chick in an orange jacket and 08 fujatives or a guy with a ridiculous neon yellow hoodie, just holler. We wish we had more people to ski with..but we don't..

The reputation skiers and boarders have (chill, laid back, outgoing, etc) is completely shattered by Boulder. It's ridiculous.

I actually rode by myself a lot last year just because I couldn't even take the scene.

And THAT is what Blue and Bear have on Boulder.

I've been riding at Boulder mostly this year, only been to Blue and Bear once or twice. Don't wait for them to come up to you cause they most likely wont. I've talked to a couple kids there that kill it, their alot better than me, and there pretty cool. Your right though about that, everyone at Boulder rolls with a crew.

I've been riding at Boulder mostly this year, only been to Blue and Bear once or twice. Don't wait for them to come up to you cause they most likely wont. I've talked to a couple kids there that kill it, their alot better than me, and there pretty cool. Your right though about that, everyone at Boulder rolls with a crew.

When do you ride? There are definitely a handful of kids that are really cool, agreed.