Quick TR 1/26/8 in pics

Ski

I'm bruised and exhausted. We rolled into the lot at 7:45am and sent the kid off with her coaches at 8:30am. We started with a trip down Lower Runaway to ride the Long Haul, which timed at exactly 9:56. We spent the first part of the morning on Runaway and Fast Track, then we went over and I did a few NASTAR runs. I crashed really good on my first run...I've crashed and even broken things in ASRA races, but this was my first crash on a NASTAR course ever. Musta been my skis :blink: Then we skied the blizzard on Spike before heading back over to try the skier's left section of glades. Why do people like glades? If you go fast, you hit a tree...Then we checked out the new slope, Rattler, which is really just a quick connector around to the bottom of the steepest Cannonball headwall. We never stood in a line, although it was the busiest day of the year. It was cool to finally get to rip down the lower headwalls of Runaway and Fast Track. They are still blowing on Easy Street and for the terrain park comp. They'd just turned the guns off on Snake/Sidewainder and were letting them set up to groom. By far the best day of the season.

My first ride up Long Haul in a long time

The view down LFS

Making snow for tomorrow

Rattler

Rattler

The grom on course

Amy in the blizzard on Spike

Part of the new glades

Some boarders trying the steeper glades off Lower Fast Track

Yikes coverage looks a bit sketchy in those trees. That line under the lift where the snowboarders are floundering looks fun if you got a big snowfall.

Yeah, it's just blow-in. Amy got caught on a root and was stuck for a while. The majority of the new gladed area that they cleared the brush from is further to the east and I think the best way in will be when Snake is groomed. IDK, I'm not much of a glade fan. Trees are for cutting down.

But, yeah, with a decent snowfall, people will be hucking those cliffs for sure. I'll be watching from the lift.

Ski the comp is on mainline tmrw. They are blowing all that snow for the 22' pipe and the rest of that park. It is sherly amazing how much snow they laid down on there.

Really? I thought it was on both. WTF, are they planning on having hits on Spike in June? It was pretty interesting to ski with the Polecats hitting you from both sides :)

Just wondering if you took your everyday skis into the woods, had a beater pair, or just watched from the sidelines with the camera?

I've been freesking with a set of Nordica slalom race skis. They retailed for gobs of money, but I grabbed them off eBay for $99 in the wrapper. Did I mention how much eBay rocks? :rolleyes: They are really sweet skis and if I'd known how good they were, I def wouldn't have converted them to rock/hack around skis. Oh, well. But, yeah, I've even done some rails on them (when Nick's not around, since he'd laugh at me).