SIA trade show

romemadman

i know a kid who is going to the shope employees 08-09 gear demo at stratton next week, he plans on trying out the new nike boots, the new skate banna, and a bunch of other stuff

some sick boards and bindings

first section

http://www.transworldsnowboarding.com/snow...08085-0,00.html

second section

http://www.transworldsnowboarding.com/snow...8562-21,00.html

just browsed all the stuff in those articles, and nothing really stood out. just a lot of flashy colors on tech that has been out for some time now. also, why is everyone putting naked/half chicks on their gear? i mean, i have no problem with naked/half naked chicks, but just seems like everyone is putting so much effort into ugly colors, half nakedness, and looking ridiculous. just put out good product and let it speak for itself. i mean there wasn't one piece of outerwear in that article i'd actually wear. it all looked disgusting, but i guess i'm just getting old.

just browsed all the stuff in those articles, and nothing really stood out. just a lot of flashy colors on tech that has been out for some time now. also, why is everyone putting naked/half chicks on their gear? i mean, i have no problem with naked/half naked chicks, but just seems like everyone is putting so much effort into ugly colors, half nakedness, and looking ridiculous. just put out good product and let it speak for itself. i mean there wasn't one piece of outerwear in that article i'd actually wear. it all looked disgusting, but i guess i'm just getting old.

nah i agree with you.

yea, it is rediculous

The irony is that I pick all of my stuff to be anti-flashy. I have solid colored jacket, helmet, board, bindings, and my goggles and pants are basically solid color. So I am really conservative looking, the idea being that I want people to see my riding if they are looking, and if let the riding do the talking. Yet now in the park I am really easy to spot because I'm one of the only ones without camo/plaid/XXXL tshirt/basketball jersey/giant hat/big headphones/airblasters/many bandanas/neon colors

Yet somehow without all that flash, I still am able to ride. Its almost as if the camo DOESN'T make you ride better, which is weird because based on how much effort people put into getting all this flashy shit, I would have thought that it did help you ride better. Maybe if they put that much effort into actually riding ....

yea, it is rediculous

The irony is that I pick all of my stuff to be anti-flashy. I have solid colored jacket, helmet, board, bindings, and my goggles and pants are basically solid color. So I am really conservative looking, the idea being that I want people to see my riding if they are looking, and if let the riding do the talking. Yet now in the park I am really easy to spot because I'm one of the only ones without camo/plaid/XXXL tshirt/basketball jersey/giant hat/big headphones/airblasters/many bandanas/neon colors

Yet somehow without all that flash, I still am able to ride. Its almost as if the camo DOESN'T make you ride better, which is weird because based on how much effort people put into getting all this flashy shit, I would have thought that it did help you ride better. Maybe if they put that much effort into actually riding ....

snowboarding is a fashion show for wayyy too many people. i dont care what i get, i prefer no plaid, but i considered camo pants this year, heck, because they were pretty nice holden pants and on clearance. my stuff isnt matched, who cares, i have good gear and i spent less than 300 on new boots pants and jacket this year worth over 800 together so screw the trade show, if i get any of that, it will be 3 years down the road when its the last one in the shop for $50.

its also nice, noone else ever has the same thing as me they already got rid of theirs from last year haha