CB on Groundhog Day

NJSkiFamily

After two weeks of all of us battling colds/flu we finally hit the slopes today.

Conditions were a mixture of soft snow and frozen granular (snowcone).

The most important thing is that the snow was edge-able - complete opposite of MLK weekend when I couldn't hold an edge anywhere.

Crowds were bigger than I expected - greenie trails were crowded but even later in the afternoon those trails didn't get skied off anywhere near as bad as you'd expect.

The Raceway lift was not working and that was a major pain in the a$$ as it forced most people onto the Stevie lift.

That, of course, meant the Raceway trail was in fantastic shape and empty. One of my favs of the day.

Marjies was great as well. Soft snow, plenty of it, little/no ice. Wow.

Rocket was AWFUL!!!!! Holy cow, what happened with the grooming???? Its like the grooming machine sucked every inch of snow off that trail. It literally was a flat sheet of ice and you could see the tracks from the grooming machine clearly etched in the ice.

After experiencing that I did not try Cliffy. Too bad - I forgot CB made snow on that trail and my kids and husband skied it as the last run of the day and said it was just fine. :banghead

The bumps on lower Cleo got groomed over :( not the right snow conditions for bumps (though Marjies had some at the top).

Saw one of our local elementary school teachers at Cameltop.

It was cloudy the entire day and the snow started to get more cruddy as the day wore on and the temps dropped.

Not a bad day and we were just relieved to have the whole family healthy enough to be on the slopes.

After two weeks of all of us battling colds/flu we finally hit the slopes today.

Conditions were a mixture of soft snow and frozen granular (snowcone).

The most important thing is that the snow was edge-able - complete opposite of MLK weekend when I couldn't hold an edge anywhere.

Crowds were bigger than I expected - greenie trails were crowded but even later in the afternoon those trails didn't get skied off anywhere near as bad as you'd expect.

The Raceway lift was not working and that was a major pain in the a$$ as it forced most people onto the Stevie lift.

That, of course, meant the Raceway trail was in fantastic shape and empty. One of my favs of the day.

Marjies was great as well. Soft snow, plenty of it, little/no ice. Wow.

Rocket was AWFUL!!!!! Holy cow, what happened with the grooming???? Its like the grooming machine sucked every inch of snow off that trail. It literally was a flat sheet of ice and you could see the tracks from the grooming machine clearly etched in the ice.

After experiencing that I did not try Cliffy. Too bad - I forgot CB made snow on that trail and my kids and husband skied it as the last run of the day and said it was just fine. :banghead

The bumps on lower Cleo got groomed over :( not the right snow conditions for bumps (though Marjies had some at the top).

Saw one of our local elementary school teachers at Cameltop.

It was cloudy the entire day and the snow started to get more cruddy as the day wore on and the temps dropped.

Not a bad day and we were just relieved to have the whole family healthy enough to be on the slopes.

Are you from North Jersey?

they decided to let the groomers from blue groom it

they decided to let the groomers from blue groom it

I drive right past Blue to CB, because of the horrid lack of grooming I experieced at Blue last year. I'll give Blue another chance sometime in the future.

I was at CB on Thurs Jan 31. I'll probably be at CB nxt Sunday 2/10 (with the kids) for my 4th ski day this season. I'm trying to match the 9 days I had last year. I dream of the day I can get in 20 plus ski days in one year (retirement probably)