SNOWFLEX(other)

snowboarddude

the weather has been really shifty the last couple of years and it seem global warming is taking over(this topic is not about global warming so don't post if u believe in it or not). i think it would be a great idea for bear to put a little money into snowflex, carpet, astroterf, anything and a rail or 2 that they can change up once a week. i think that it shouldn't be a all out thing i think it would be nice for it to be like a skate park except for a snowboard park all bear would need is 2 or 3 people to work it a day and charge people a "little" money to session it. this would not need a lift because it is for the hardcore park rats. this may not make great cash but it would really help bears popularity and deffinatly get some people out there boarding. i know bear is concerned with it being a problem to groom over that is why i sugested carpet because it can be rolled up and put away in the winter. bear could just do it on the bunny hill and have it maybe go up 40 ft if that. If bear wanted to expand it or use snowflex with a lift the bunny hill would work too. everyone knows that bear doesn't need 2 bunny hills so they can just use one as a snowflex run. I hope bear creek will atleast consider the idea post from mark and/or andy would be great

i know this idea has been in here before but i would really like to see something happen this year

ideas?

Edited by Mini Zep

i thinwould be cool. but as a last resort kinda thing. like i wouldnt choose to ride carpet over snow but i would def. choose it over not riding at all. the should hold a day in the summer where they set up like 4 rails with carpet and its like 15 bucks to get in.

if anyone looks at the 15 day it looks like bear may not make it much longer. IN THE 15 DAY we have one high in the 30's (39) all good lows are HIGH 20's which is sucky blowing and we are getting alot of rain most highs are in the 50's and high 40's

i think it is a goood idea for bear to be a leader in pa and do some snowflex, carpet, anything to keep people riding

http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-15day....&traveler=0

High pressure off cali and a big storm hitting the northwest is gonna funnel in a lot of pacific air which is gonna pen all the arctic air up in Canadia. After that the amount of pacific air coming in gradually lessens however big high pressure off Carolina coast is gonna suck up lots and lots of warm gulf air (think early jan). Once that breaks down cold air will be allowed to come back in.

Anyway that all had nothing to do with snowflex. If Bear can get a hold of some I'd definitely pay to ride it.

i have been looking into snow flex and it says that i will be 8 to 16 million for a 1600m2 area but that includes a parking lot and lodge so it would probly be cheaper since bear has all that.

i don't know if this is right

1600m2=

5248 ft2=

idk how many acre's that would be but considering bear spent 40 million on just there lodge..(i think) and i don't think that includes the new hotel expansion

8 million isn't that much to bear

and like if bear wanted it to be on a smaller scale then maybe they could just do carpet or something... i am still hoping for mark/andy to comment

What kinds of ticket pricing do you guys think would/should be put on a summer setup? Keep in mind there would be no income from tourists and all expenses would have to be covered...

deends how many features... sessions length... there obviously woundt be lift access so the tickets wouldnt have to be as much as theyre for reg. skiing/ riding. id say like 15 bucks or maybe 20. but i would only pay like 5 if it was only one rail. in the end it would be up to bear tho.

Adult ticket weekend extended day lift $52

Extended Day Ski Rental: $28

Private leason $70 ... bear pays the instructors min wage which means they make $60 off every private leason

lunch chick basket and drink are $9

hotel rooms are alot

bear is making serious $$ i hope they can put some of that $ into a summer program

i am just saying that bear make a good amount of money... think about it you can get a amp for 1.89 at wawa but at bear they are 3.50

wawa probly buys it for 1 if not less and bear probly buy it for 1 or less

i know they must have a huge electric bill but they make ton's of money

i think they should try snowflex, carpet anything and see how it works then make a decision to keep it or not for the year after

Whoever owns bear isnt running it as a charity so dont think theyre going to spend a ton of money to make kids happy when they are going to take a loss.

Whoever owns bear isnt running it as a charity so dont think theyre going to spend a ton of money to make kids happy when they are going to take a loss.