Winter Park GR 3

Glenn

Well it's time for another update. All play and no work makes Glenn a poor boy so I was out shoveling the other morning. Here

is the view from where I do snow removal. It's called the Vasquez Cirquele or something.

post-60-1202336331_thumb.jpg

Well wouldn't you know it being out the wilderness and all you do see wildlife from time to time. This particular morning I see the endangered and rarely seen North American Panda. Here is the Panda in it's native habitat.

post-60-1202336309_thumb.jpg

It just so happened I was with a couple of my friends when this panda was sighted. They got pretty scared and took off with the panda in fast persuit. Luckily for them they had their skis and snowboards on.

Lindsy

post-60-1202336251_thumb.jpg

Dave

post-60-1202336268_thumb.jpg

Sam

post-60-1202336279_thumb.jpg

Random skier who decided pandas can't fly

post-60-1202336344_thumb.jpg

I wasn't scurred though

post-60-1202336354_thumb.jpg

thats awesome that you found some sick people to ride with out there.

Yeah it's a good crew for sure. Sam is my boss and Dave, Lindsy and I ride together nearly everyday. Then depending on their work schedules, there is a handful of others that I ride with regularly, but don't have pics of. I think if you are trying to move to a ski town working for the resort definitely helps for meeting people. I don't think I would know half as many riders otherwise.

Would you recommend WP? How does it compare do vail? How hard is it to find powder their?

vail has much better terrain with less tracked out snow. you gotta pay for parking and then traverse for about an hour and a half to get to the back bowls.

you can find stashes at vail/bc and wp much longer after a storm than at breck or key though.

Would you recommend WP? How does it compare do vail? How hard is it to find powder their?

I've never been to vail. We are almost as expensive, but not nearly as big. I'm told vail is where you go to be seen.

WP is fun, and if you have someone to show you around, it's a good place to ride. If you don't anyone and there is snow within the past 4 days, winds haven't been super high, and the past 4 days were not a weekend, you will have a good time. If you like bumps it will be a good time. If you are looking for bottomless snow in huge open fields, this is not the resort for you. I'm not sure what resort is. Looks like Utah might have a few of those.

I'd recommend WP to any of my friends and family because I could show them around. It took me a couple weeks to figure out where I wanted to be based on the conditions.

So how hard is it to find powder in trees? How long does the snow last in there?

My favorite trees are unaffected by wind and sun 90% of the time. I've had super good snow in there up to a week after a decent sized storm.

The stuff under the chairs gets tracked in a day or two and most good areas get tracked in 3-5 or 1 weekend day.