Cardboard Box Derby at Camelback 3/1/08

Ashleigh S

Has anyone ever participated in a Cardboard Box Derby before? Have any photos, videos or stories on what you have or what you have seen other people race? I was pretty impressed by some of the boxes I saw when searching YouTube for the video link I posted earlier in this thread- the Empire State Building, Army tanks, Santa's sled...

Has anyone ever participated in a Cardboard Box Derby before? Have any photos, videos or stories on what you have or what you have seen other people race? I was pretty impressed by some of the boxes I saw when searching YouTube for the video link I posted earlier in this thread- the Empire State Building, Army tanks, Santa's sled...

if you check out www.skibluemt.com, they have pictures from last years race on it. some of the boxes were pretty cool and some were lame as heck.

I really wish I could participate in this, unfortunately I won't be home until the following weekend. Hopefully you'll get a good turnout.

The biggest Cardboard Derby will be Friday the 29th at Jack Frost. It's the Preston and Steve (WMMR) Cardboard Box Derby!

you can find video on wmmr.com of theirs.

Don't even think you need a lift ticket because they do it on their tubing hill.

So... the box that we built for the Derby is too big to get out of our office! We are starting re-construction this afternoon. Will any of you be competing tomorrow? I will be judging the Derby so make sure you stop by and hi!

Also... Check out Liquid Sunshine tomorrow in the Main Lounge (21 and older only!) from 4-8pm and Joe O' Malley on Sunday from 2-6pm.

We will be kicking off March skiing and riding in a big way this WinterFest Weekend! 100% open and (hopefully) some fresh powder after tonight's predicted forecast of 2-4 inches!

Subaru will be hosting their 2nd "Master the Mountain" Tour in the base area along with demos by Swix, Nitro Snowboards and Nordica Skis. On Sunday, the first Slide Ink Rail Jam will be held in the Rhodo Park at 11am.

Check out www.skicamelback.com for more information on these and our other Spring Events.

Hope to see you all this weekend!