President's Day TR

toast21602

well i got up this morning and left for Blue around 7:05. Got there around 7:45 since some roads were closed for flooding and whatnot. When i rolled in there was nobody there. i was like the 10th car and i think all the others were employees. I didnt think that the place was open because there werent any lifts running so i thought maybe it didnt open until 8:30. Anyway, i booted up and headed out and then the lifts started moving. i guess i was the first person out there. it sucked. the rain killed them. there were puddles and shit stains everywhere.

So since it was presidents day, they had big lamenated bills all over the place and if you got one you had to take it to the bar to get a prize. i saw like 10 of them but you could only use 1. i ended up winning a free Sam Adams t-shirt and a $10 voucher off an adult weekday twilight or dayh lift ticket. not bad i guess, even though i'll never use it.

yeah thats all. it was day 50 for me. not bad. ok peace.

PS- if anybody wants that $10 voucher let me know, i have no use for it and i could mail it to you or something if you are headed up on a weekday and dont feel like paying $50 for a ticket.

Edited by toast21602

I was planning on making first chair, but my alarm clock went off at 5am to awake up and decided there was no way I was gonna wake up. So I set it up snooze for another. Pretty eventful drive up, one accident on route 100 northbound just south of Bally. Looks like a pretty bad accident, since there were 6 or 7 firefighters and EMTs trying to get this one guy out of his truck with a stretcher right by. I was getting pretty angry with the drive thru Whitehall, I believe I had every light turn red on me; pretty annoying. Then Blue Mountain Drive was closed for a section between Lehigh and Route 940. While talking to a few people at the mountain it was due to flooding and a car actually got stuck in it. So anyways, with all that ... I strolled in at 9:00. The weather was overcast, foggy, and warm. I decided to go with the UnderArmour w/ my EMS vest. It was a good call. The rain defiantly made some of the snow very firm. Did my first run down Razors, then did each trail to the left after that. (except Sidewinder) TruTV was out in full force today, they really didn't have much to tape earlier in the day, it was extremely quiet. So instead, they decided to tape some patrollers take themselves down Switchback. They did it a few times, which I found was funny.

The rain started to kick in around noon'ish for about 20 minutes, I decided to go to lunch instead of skiing in the rain. I came back out and the blue skies were out. All the snow defiantly softened up, but since no one was there, no piles whatsoever. Made for good fast, long arc turns. Around 1pm, the 6pack broke down. Yes, broke down. Something about the torque. They had to start up the backup engine to get the people off it. It was about a 10-15 minutes delay before they opened up the quad to deal with it. They got the 6pack opened up in 30 mins and they closed the quad again. Everyone started to arrive around noon. I left around 2pm because the lines were starting to form and I was there since 8:30.

On a side note, I heard today Blue is the official mountain for the reality tv show.

I'll be back on Friday for the Regional USCSA race at Blue.

i was at blue yesterday and i have to say it was mad nice....got there around 1230 stopped at sheetz before my friend and i arrived got a nice burger and drink. 5 dollas l8r i was back on my way to blue...got into the upper lot at exactly 12:59 booted up bought our tickets read the reality show sign got scanned, hit up the lower park(come aroound?). then took the double up to the main park(side winder?) met up with 2 other bear creek snowboard instructors we lapped the park a couple times..i have to say the snow was 100x better thans bears was and the park setup had really good flow something bears park have recently been lacking...so the crowds starting picking up at around 4 so we left...all in all it was a really good day idk if i saw any pasr but i probably did i was wearin a baby blue coat ridin with a kid who was throwin crazy shit off the jumps...