JFBB wishlist

RidgeRacer

bring back Cajun French fries

take out some of the trees and rocks about 1/4 mile to the skiers right of floyd's folly. There is some amazing pitch and glades back there, but they are only skiable once in every handful of years, last time being winter 2002/2003.

I'm very curious to see what's back there. We need a huge storm I would think since none of the blowover snow from the snowguns can reach that far.

those are some of my reasons for disliking boulder. i absolutely hate skiing at night, and being in school and whatnot, i have scheduled my classes so i can ski in the mornings when people arent there. yeah i know JF isnt open, but their park isn't anything compared to Boulder. Also, just like your #2, its so damn expensive! and you aren't getting anything out of your money other than a good park, but its short, and has slow lift access. (are you reading this Papasteeze?)

I read it, but don't you think you are overly harsh for stating the obvious about BB and JF? JF is so nice and only gets rave reviews for weekday skiing and Boulders Parks even on the weekends, as in crowded weekends, are the best in the area. They would be way underutilized if they were open during the weekdays. Hell, most park kids don't even get to the slopes till 10 or 11 anyhow.

In spite of the slow lifts it seems to me that you can get so much more if you are a season pass holder than any other resort in our area. fast lifts and a short season aren't worth the pass price IMO

I read it, but don't you think you are overly harsh for stating the obvious about BB and JF? JF is so nice and only gets rave reviews for weekday skiing and Boulders Parks even on the weekends, as in crowded weekends, are the best in the area. They would be way underutilized if they were open during the weekdays. Hell, most park kids don't even get to the slopes till 10 or 11 anyhow.

In spite of the slow lifts it seems to me that you can get so much more if you are a season pass holder than any other resort in our area. fast lifts and a short season aren't worth the pass price IMO

No, its not too harsh. Those two things are minor things for some people but major for others. It screws college kids in several directions. If you want to take a whole day to ride park at Boulder as a college kid, you need to go Saturday or Sunday and pay full price of what? $49? Or I could go to Blue on a wednesday for $30 and get the same amount of time? I like Jack Frost, but if I do that I end up with about 3 hours at Boulder late, much later than I would like to be out in PA with a long ass drive home afterwards. It is nearly impossible for me to convince my friends to go to Boulder so I end up riding there alone a lot of the time. The only day that has a college discount is wednesday, but that is only at Boulder so again, what are we going to do? Go up for 3-10 all night riding in the park? It just doesn't work out. So thats how I end up at Blue even though it is a further drive for me, or Belleayre which is a real long drive, because no matter how long the drive is I will end up starting sooner and getting home sooner than going to Boulder even though that is close. If they had just 1 day where Boulder opened in the morning I could adjust my schedule accordingly, but until them I'm screwed into going on the weekends - which sucks when I could take any day of the week and go with NO crowds. As much as I like JFBB I think I won't be getting a season pass there next year because when I look back at my days there, I spent about 80% of my time at JF and about 20% at Boulder, since I'm going there Monday-Friday and Belleayre for the weekends. Why don't I just go to Mountain Creek then? That opens 3 hours earlier, is a 1/2 hour closer, and sure I liked Boulder better than Mountain Creek but Mountain Creek has a better park than JF, and Belleayre kills JF for free riding so what am I doing going to JFBB? So next year instead of getting 400+ out of me + the friends I bought, I envision going for a day here or there, and early and late season, get a pass to Belleayre, and see what kind of deals Mountain Creek has for discounts (though probably not a pass).