TR Prez Weekend

n0xidee

Well I am a little lazy and don't feel like typing that much so it won't be a huge report.

Sat - Pulled into the lot around 8:30 and was on the mountain by 8:45. It was bitter outside. Temp in the car read 8 degrees. Started on the lodge side of the mountain. Started skiers far right and just worked our way over. Snow was excellent. They received i think 2 inches of fresh the night before and it was noticeable. Packed powder for once in PA. I was on my new Ninthwards and was loving it. Making huge GS style turns. Snow was incredible. Could dig in with edges and was fast. After about 10 runs we moved away from the crowds to the other side. Once again great snow. By 10 there was still fresh cord to be had on the sides. It also warmed up a lot. Stopped skiing at 12 to go get lunch at a local place down some dirt road called "Chet's Place". Mmmm open face roast beef with mashed potatoes. Delish. Go back around 1:00. Skied the rest of the day on the quad side. Around 3:00 snow was finally starting to get skied away. Left at 4:30. Only problem I have is the slow lifts. I could get 32 runs in a half day at Blue but got 32 in a full day and I'm not that slow of a skier. My new skis are faster than my old ones. Weather was great all day. Clear skies.Sexy

Sun - Cold again but overcast. Got there and on the hill at 8:30 stayed on the quad side the whole time. Snow was fast. Great grooming. Only got 12 runs in before the rain hit. Left around 11:00

Good weekend, GREAT snow, great grooming. Good times. Only complaint is the slow lifts. Lines weren't to bad but we got right on most times cause my bro and I would just go in the singles line.

Skied my First Bloods. Loved them. Much longer and wider. Feel better at higher speeds. Much more comfortable and sturdy.

chet's place is the locals hangout. Fri night is steak night. glad you had a great time. also, this wknd was the busiest of the season.

Yeah my bro and I were told from a local on the lift the one time. The food was great. I realized it was going to be a "busy" weekend but really it was not bad at all. Having slow lifts prolly helped the conditions, stuff doesn't get skied away as fast.