Camelback closes both high speed lifts

phillycore

When the traction plates ice up (freezing rain), the chair grips slip on the tires that move them (the chairs) around the terminal (after they detatch from the cable). When that happens, it throws the chair spacing off and causes the chair to shut down.

When the traction plates ice up (freezing rain), the chair grips slip on the tires that move them (the chairs) around the terminal (after they detatch from the cable). When that happens, it throws the chair spacing off and causes the chair to shut down.

You ski patrol are all fuddy dudies. Please put someone from the lift department on so we can talk about disengaging these pesky saftey mechanisms.

Maybe the technology has changed since we installed them, maybe other areas have disabled or turn off the safety devices (doubt that), I don't know.

I had a conversation with a fellow who hates CB but knows something about lifts. He claims that CB has some lifts that don't fair well in adverse conditions such as wind, ice etc when there is not a significant weight (skiers) on the lift. I'm not sure how this ties in with outrageously higher wind speeds at CB, but it certainly explained (to me) why CB shuts things down when crowds are low, and conditions are less than perfect for lift operation.

My friends little brother has a poster of a skier. He says that in the background of that poster, there is a HSQ which may be a Doppelmayer. He also says that the pine trees in the picture are hanging at an angle. While there is snow on them, he thinks that they could be hanging in the way that they are because there may be some ice on them. He says there are no skiers on the lift, but in the picture it looks like it may be moving. Therefore, it is possible to run a Doppelmayer HSQ in an ice storm.

I'm flying Glenn back to PA for gaper day and we're skiing down Challenge at Blue in a 4 legged two person donkey outfit. It will be worth the $350 airfare..lol

Before Rob comments that you should naturally be in the rear, I'll do it. Sorry, Doug, but I had to ruin it for him.

Maybe you haven't, but your posts have changed. They have more of an edge to them. plus, are you sure you aren't getting just a wee bit of a superiority complex going with living out there? :)

That could be, but I think I'm just having more fun with my riding "out here", oh and I'm learning alot.