minya zavoot camelback 08-02-24 comrade

mbike-ski

last minute change of plans and ended up at camelback this afternoon from 1-5:30, nice snow, lots sun, warm temps and tons of russians and gapers, the highlight of the day was watching newbies self destruct below on the lift rides up with my ten yo boy, we were in tears some rides! maybe itss because i havene't skiid a weekend afternoon in pa in a long time but i cant remember it ever being like that, like the whole mountain was filled with abbott & costello and 3 stooges bits! best runs of the day were the bumps on rocket and pharo had some cool rollers

Nice to know that they are doing well with their target market. Thanks for the report.

Its interesting that they cater to that market but i also rode up with a few passholders who were very loyal to the mt, one was another dad and his boy who had been coming up with his father since he was a kid, all 3 generations had skiid together that morning - pretty cool! I guess they don't ski on windy or snowy days! say what you will but on the surface its certainly a more appealling mountain than the other poke hills

CB isn't necessarily marketing to Russians. Russians are now Pocono locals. Our community has a huge Russian population, as do the other private communities in the area. Once you get over seeing 80 yr old grandmas changing in and out of their bathing suits at the pool a few times (back down, Glenn, I said 80 yr old, not 70 yr old :P ), they have turned out to be great neighbors (and mostly really, really bad skiers).