Park Riders Observation - Prefer Rails over Jumps?

pinemind

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't notice you were a skier.

Yeah.

But on a side note, rails were much easier to me on a snowboard than jumps. For some reason jumping and just ripping down trails in general seem hard. Mostly because I don't feel real comfortable conforming my whole body to one board, and I don't like having my feet locked in a fixed position. On skis, I feel 110% more comfortable hitting jumps, charging rails, etc. I'd always go much slower at things on a snowboard.

yo pinemind i was at wicks saturday, i was the kid lookin at the already set up 171 thrusters wit the bindings who was complainin about his PEs cause they were too heavy and too stiff..Where u the one who helped and were recomendin me the jon olson pro models cause they were soft n buttery?

Personally i think rails are more fun and easier to do. I also prefer rails over boxes for somereason. its not that hard to turn 90 degress and land ur underfoot on a rail plus nothing looks sicker on skis than a pretzel or switch up. Theres also something about sliding down those staircase rails that jst gives u a thrill. Airs are just more diffucult cause once u get into the grabs its like learnin spins all over again. Plus i got PEs which weigh 10000000 pounds and are the worst park ski cause they are impossible to spin with. only thing good is they have a nice 85mm underfoot.

yo pinemind i was at wicks saturday, i was the kid lookin at the already set up 171 thrusters wit the bindings who was complainin about his PEs cause they were too heavy and too stiff..Where u the one who helped and were recomendin me the jon olson pro models cause they were soft n buttery?

No, I actually just work on Sundays and Monday nights, so I wasn't there. Most of the younger guys there have skied on the Jon Olson Pro's and love them so I could see a good recommendation.

The PE's are really that heavy? I mean, I take my B2's in the park and spin 3's and 5's. They're like missles on each foot. I thought they were a pretty decent park ski. Or maybe specifically better for rails?

One thing I've noticed and maybe it's just me. Why do park riders and skiers prefer rails over jumps these days? I'd say I saw about 20% of those going through the park legitimately hit the jumps. Do some people actually think the rails are easier? Maybe they are but I just enjoy the thrill of getting huge amounts of air.

I couldn't agree more.

I'm always looking for people to hit jumps with.

If anyone wants to meet up at the park or car pool,

shoot me a PM

I have hit the jumps at Bear and liked them,

but I wasn't totally in love with the setup.

If you love jumps, you should definitely check out Big Boulder.

Edited by TT C6

No, I actually just work on Sundays and Monday nights, so I wasn't there. Most of the younger guys there have skied on the Jon Olson Pro's and love them so I could see a good recommendation.

The PE's are really that heavy? I mean, I take my B2's in the park and spin 3's and 5's. They're like missles on each foot. I thought they were a pretty decent park ski. Or maybe specifically better for rails?

yeah to me the PEs are really heavy compared to my friends rossi scratch fs wrs, and my other friends silencers are even lighter, which is weird since they are basically a cheaper PE. I also dont have freestyle boots cause my foots too big (31.5), and most freestyle boots stop at 29. And the boots i got are bulky n heavy. Then again ive only been freestylin for year, so i dont got my 3s down 100%.

yeah PEs are SUPER HEAVY and dont flex at all. i have the womans version of the PE the missdemeanor and they are pretty heavy and dont flex at all. i can reach down and grab my tips while my back tips stay on the ground. and they are mounted modern so its not like i have alot of ski in the front.

yeah PEs are SUPER HEAVY and dont flex at all. i have the womans version of the PE the missdemeanor and they are pretty heavy and dont flex at all. i can reach down and grab my tips while my back tips stay on the ground. and they are mounted modern so its not like i have alot of ski in the front.

yeah i know i do that little showy thing where u ride fakie n grab ur noses, n the tails barely come up 6 inches if that. I have em centermount so its about equal both sides.

im gettin some new planks once erthing goes on sale in march. either pickin up the line anthems, foils, fujiatives, or prolly 4frnt tnks. If anyone has some recomendations id be glad to know. I like wider skis, around 85mm underfoot, so tell me if u got any recomendations

yeah i know i do that little showy thing where u ride fakie n grab ur noses, n the tails barely come up 6 inches if that. I have em centermount so its about equal both sides.

im gettin some new planks once erthing goes on sale in march. either pickin up the line anthems, foils, fujiatives, or prolly 4frnt tnks. If anyone has some recomendations id be glad to know. I like wider skis, around 85mm underfoot, so tell me if u got any recomendations

wow six inches thats alot mine dont come up any. urs prob. come up more because your prob. heavier than me. im looking to get some new skis too. i was thinking scratches. the scratch create it WRS but theres so many choices its insane.

wow six inches thats alot mine dont come up any. urs prob. come up more because your prob. heavier than me. im looking to get some new skis too. i was thinking scratches. the scratch create it WRS but theres so many choices its insane.

yeah i was lookin at the scratch create it wrs mens on evogear, but yeah there are too many choices. The WRS is still stiff compaired to most park skis, its good if u dont want noodly skis, or if u go real big in the park. Only problem wit rossi is their edges dont hold up too well, n i seen u up at bear doin rails/boxes so thats prolly somethin u mite wanna reconsider.

yeah i was lookin at the scratch create it wrs mens on evogear, but yeah there are too many choices. The WRS is still stiff compaired to most park skis, its good if u dont want noodly skis, or if u go real big in the park. Only problem wit rossi is their edges dont hold up too well, n i seen u up at bear doin rails/boxes so thats prolly somethin u mite wanna reconsider.

true that... the kid with no poles(joey) had rossi scratches and the edge bashed in and he had to get new skis

well i was looking for something noodly enough for boxes and rails but stiff enough that i can spin tubing park sized jumps.

which i prob. wont find but whatever.

I take my B2's in the park and spin 3's and 5's. They're like missles on each foot. I thought they were a pretty decent park ski. Or maybe specifically better for rails?

you are not serious are you? you're landing switch and thinking that they are good for grinding rails? are you trying to see if anyone caught that?

well i was looking for something noodly enough for boxes and rails but stiff enough that i can spin tubing park sized jumps.

which i prob. wont find but whatever.

the scratch create it wrs, you can still butter on them, n are forgiving, but are stiffer then shit like invaders. dont know if it a difference for u, but u might be better off wit mens then womans skis just for selection. make sure get a bigger size in the rossi wrs or u aint gonna get optimal forgiveness outta em.

the scratch create it wrs, you can still butter on them, n are forgiving, but are stiffer then shit like invaders. dont know if it a difference for u, but u might be better off wit mens then womans skis just for selection. make sure get a bigger size in the rossi wrs or u aint gonna get optimal forgiveness outta em.

i was actually considering a mens ski but then saw the wrs womans. i would be riding a 169 idk if the come in it but thats like the perfect size for me right now. but i could grow by the time i get new sticks.

you are not serious are you? you're landing switch and thinking that they are good for grinding rails? are you trying to see if anyone caught that?

Don't try and 'Fox News' my post, hehe. Read the first part. I was referring to the PE's although I didn't put my thoughts in the proper order.

I bought the B2's because their tail was turned up as much as my old Dynastar Concepts, so I could still ride and land fakie. But if I can get B2's around in the park with not much effort, I would think the PE's would be easy. If you have trouble spinning, I'd throw a pair of all-mountain skis on and master some 3's. Guarantee you'll be able to spin like crazy on any normal park ski after that. I know the Jon Olson Pro's are a cakewalk.

Peace,

J