Blue TR

moe ghoul

Got up on my first run at 8:40, ran a little late cuz my dog refused to poop and held me up. Sunny, cold, little wind, and Challenge took the "Slope of the Day" award. About an inch or 2 of freshly made, almost like refined flour, nice n dry. I was hooked for 12 outta my first 15 runs. Those handful of whales back to back worked nicely as well. Razor was closed at first while they finished grooming, then opened it up. The top had some icy rubble with a mix of new and old. I think Razor got some blowover from Challenge, cuz it didn't seem as plush as Challenge. Took a 1/2 hour coffee break at the base lodge and tried to do a mini TR on the TREO. It obviously did not go thru. Jumped back on the 6 pk and did 5 Switchbacks, decent condition, a mix of sugar and packed powder. No ice on the slopes, a few icy flats. Took 1 run down Mainstreet, 1/2 bump ride, 1/2 down the left flat side. Surface was hard, not icy, and the wind was howling up that valley. So, I went back to Challenge, and torqued out more runs until 2. Headed back to the bar, did a pig sandwich and Spaten with Jethro at the helm. Asked Jethro if he or Tim knew any PASR heads or Doug, I got blank stares. I yelled out PASR a few times off the lift at groups on the ground. No response. On one of my runs down Challenge, I saw a guy taping as I came down the left side of the hill, passing 3 guys at a pretty good clip, realizing afterward that he was taping them. I was in that shot somewhere, cuz I saw him turn the camera in my direction from the corner of my eye. Later, as I was in the locker area, getting ready to leave, I was standing a few feet behind a Patroller being interviewed on tape near the street entrance to the lodge. Thereafter, as I was about to pull out, an ambulance caming up the drive and parked by the front entrance. As I pulled up, I noticed the camera dude taping the EMT's opening the back door, so I did a gaper to see if they were bringin out a gurney or a bodybag. I think my car got in that shot as well. So, unless it ends up on the edit floor, I might have 3 "cameo" appearances on the Reality TV show. I didn't figure that out until after I left Blue, lol.

I "tagged" the upper right corner brochure box with my Whiteface Passport ticket, signed Moe Ghoul, PASR. It's in the box with the Monas...something Inn. Forgot the name of it. Let me know if anyone finds its still there.

Lastly, I got buzzkilled 5 miles from my house with a speeding ticket. First one in over 12 years. Cop was nice enough to cite me 5 over to avoid points. And I knew that 4 mile strip is a speed trap. Shame on me.

Otherwise, I give the day an 8.5 on the Pokeystokometer. I took a 1/2 point off for cold weather and popsicle toes. I never grant a 10, cuz there's always room for improvement.

nice, glad you enjoyed it. i'm pissed that i couldn't go this morning. damn.

oh, and sorry about the ticket... sucker :o

I yelled out "Toast" a few times from the lift at guys that roughly fit your outfit description. One guy actually stopped on the top of Razor, wearing a chrome dome helmet, but figured out that I was a madman, lol. I left him standing on the top.

Tune du Jour: KMFDM "Godlike".......did a 6 repeater back to back, right song, right beat at the right moment. B)

haha nice. if i would have been there, i would have been looking for a fat sumo trying to jump falls. usually you dont see that until the weekend's Asian invasion though.

ROFL. I'm sportin my fleece lined underarmor Sumo belt, keeps the jewels warm on cold days like today!

Nice report Moe..how was Blue compared to Bear Creek??

As for the bar at Blue..I've never spent any time at the bar I'm a bottom lot parker and I've only been in the upper lodge a few times this season..

There is no comparison, hillwise. I thought I was pretty objective and had some praise for Mt. Assboyle, lol.

Lastly, I got buzzkilled 5 miles from my house with a speeding ticket. First one in over 12 years. Cop was nice enough to cite me 5 over to avoid points. And I knew that 4 mile strip is a speed trap. Shame on me.

Didn't you warn us about that last time we were at the BMDI?