Congrats to 'Dude and RacerChick...

Ski

The updated USSA points list came out today and Missy earned her way out of the back of the pack for her next GS start. No more 990!

The 'Dude's NY trips now rank him about 20 spots better in the start gate in both slalom and GS when the PA Cups begin. That means he'll ski in much less rutted conditions because of his early season results in NY.

Great work...now take it up another notch!

Woot, I have been waiting for that list to come forever now.

Anyway I am trying to get a ride to a SL at Magic mountain this weekend...Which is about 1 of 3 races this whole weekend in the NE, so I am hoping it will be good for points

:rock

Woot, I have been waiting for that list to come forever now.

Anyway I am trying to get a ride to a SL at Magic mountain this weekend...Which is about 1 of 3 races this whole weekend in the NE, so I am hoping it will be good for points

:rock

Magic Mtn is a small place, about 3 minutes from our house. Never looks crowded...I think ski999 said something last year about how they were struggling to stay open. :confused

They are supposed to, yes. As a matter of fact, a couple of years ago at the Corchnoy race (the year it was a PA Cup), the person in charge of the start order didn't use the newly updated list and all the coaches went crazy. So, maybe there's a rule I'm not aware of, but what then is the purpose of constantly updating the list with specific deadlines?

That was a pretty cool weekend for me...I was the Starter and got to send all you little b*stards off: "Course is clear...racer ready...5,4,3,2,1..."

I sure wouldn't want to make a living as a Starter, but they hired a company that has great timing gear and they had the audable beeper that cycled through the count. It sounded very World Cup-like. The fun thing about being in the start corral is how scared some of the racers are...absolutely petrified as they approach the wand.

Well, I'm off to give lessons at our hill tonight...speaking of something I wouldn't want to make a living doing...

I sure wouldn't want to make a living as a Starter, but they hired a company that has great timing gear and they had the audable beeper that cycled through the count. It sounded very World Cup-like. The fun thing about being in the start corral is how scared some of the racers are...absolutely petrified as they approach the wand.

Well, I'm off to give lessons at our hill tonight...speaking of something I wouldn't want to make a living doing...

Haha thats not so bad. You probably said you have nothing to worry about, cept that nice little hole on the headwall, and the pure ice :devil:

Have fun teaching the n00bs... :P