Bromley/Stratton 3/14-3/18

Barb

Went to Bromley again today. We were on Pa Ridge Racer schedule today and didn't get there until 11am. Today was the sunniest day but also the coldest because of the wind. Temp was in low 30's but felt much colder. They had a St Patty's day spec and we scored $17 lift tickets. The snow was much harder today but by afternoon it softened up a lot. We did the upper mountain for 3 runs. The wind was really bad up there so then we did the rest of the day on the lower mountain. There are some fun trails (for our ability anyway) at Bromley. Our last run of the day was The Glade and we all did pretty bad. I fell several times and got a good bonk when my head hit the ground. Helmets are good! But the kids liked going through the trees and did not fall nearly as much as me.

All in all Vermont still has a lot of snow. The locals said they got about 12 feet this season. I don't know if that's average or what but definitely better than PA. Bromley is a great mountain and I would recommend it to anyone with kids. Here are some random pics.

I dont know how to put text in between photos but one is of our condo. Pic of the deck, no one around here shovels off the snow.

post-1419-1205791211_thumb.jpg

post-1419-1205791229_thumb.jpg

Edited by Barb

Nice Barb! I'm soooo jealous. BTW, I'm right there with you on the powder + extra long runs = jelly legs. The hot tubs at Okemo were my saving grace.

ITA on the hot tub being a requirement after a hard day skiing.

And the first thing the kids and I do after every VT ski trip is go right to the chiropractor.