i wish i could change my username

soldier32

so i was at boulder today warming up for the competition. so i feel pretty good and ive been having a good day of riding. soon enough, its time to go inside and eat and register for the comp and all that and i go to lock up my board. so im holding my board as i reach in my pocket to get my lock and ended up dropping it, it falls onto some other rental board that some moron didnt put right on the rack (its like sideways with the edge facing up, practically laying on the ground) and my board smacks into it, edge hitting edge. i utter a few swears and then look at my baord and see that it started delamming from the impact. i was sooooo mad. it was right before the competition and i have a board delamming, and the board is barely a year old with about only 50 days of riding on it. i was so mad that it had to happen right before the competition, and i dont think that this should have caused it to delam. i dont think im ever gonna get a nitro again after this experience with how they delam so easily. but i still ended up riding with it in the comp and did fine. but im taking it to the shop tomorrow to see if i can get a new one with a warantee or get it repaired. if they cant, then ill probably be looking into your ride kink that you have for sale xkinkrider03x

Yeah, the delamming should definately be covered in the warrenty. If the shop won't cover it, contact the manufacturer. Be honest, because this sort of things SHOULD NOT happen. The manufacturers are usually more than happy to fix stuff like that, because its their fault, and they don't want to lose a customer. I know you said you won't go back to them for another board, but others might.

BTW

Do you have a back up board? Also congrats on the solid run.

Edited by dthmtluncrn

alright, well i took it to the shop today and theyre gonna send it back to nitro, and it'll be their decision whether to give me a new board or repair it. but mike n matts was nice enough to give me a rental baord to use for free while my boards gone. the thing that sucks is that they told me to not hit any rails with it though just so i dont mess it up, its gonna be really hard especially since boulder is setting up their new parks this week :banghead . but it could be a lot worse, i could have no board at all, or a broken hand

alright,  well i took it to the shop today and theyre gonna send it back to nitro,  and it'll be their decision whether to give me a new board or repair it.  but mike n matts was nice enough to give me a rental baord to use for free while my boards gone.  the thing that sucks is that they told me to not hit any rails with it though just so i dont mess it up,  its gonna be really hard especially since boulder is setting up their new parks this week  :banghead .  but it could be a lot worse,  i could have no board at all,  or a broken hand

Well, on the plus side of things your not off the snow for a couple of days. Will your board be back in time for the next competition?

what did your run consist of?

My run consisted of a switch onto the first flat box, switch on 270 off the 2nd flat box, 270 on 270 off the 3rd flat box, switch on down flat down box, and switch on switch off the c box.

The run before that i fell on the first one, switch on 270 off, 270 on, switch diastered the down flat down, and switch on switch off the c box but this run didnt count cause my other run i didnt fall.

My run consisted of a switch onto the first flat box, switch on 270 off the 2nd flat box, 270 on 270 off the 3rd flat box, switch on down flat down box, and switch on switch off the c box.

The run before that i fell on the first one, switch on 270 off, 270 on, switch diastered the down flat down, and switch on switch off the c box but this run didnt count cause my other run i didnt fall.

What is a disaster? Excuse my ignorance.

Well, on the plus side of things your not off the snow for a couple of days. Will your board be back in time for the next competition?

no i doubt it will be back by friday, but hopefully it will be by the next week. im not sure how long its going to be gone. mike n matts is gonna call me once they talk to nitro about sending it out

are u gunna be at blue nitro?

im still not sure about going to blue, i gotta talk to gurp and see whats up

were going to blue.

you know what sucks? u can get ur board fixed for free besides shipping, but i broke my 200$ 40gb mp3 player that i cant get fixed.

As a rule, electronic hardware can't be fixed. Its delicate stuff, once you break it its not like you can just put it back together. On the other hand, snowboards are a little sturdyier and their manufacturing process is a little different. It doesn't require dust free enviroments, robotics etc. With a snowboard you need a workshop some tools and a guy who knows what he's doing. Also, the electronics industry isn't really a community, its just another money hungry industry. Individual customer satisfaction isn't really important to sony, samsung, rio, and a dozen other companies. The ski/snowboard industry is part of the consumer community. They are people who are out on the mountains too. They care.

anyone wanna donate to the "Im a poor bastard who needs a new MP3 Player" funds?

No one needs an MP3 player, but you can get them pretty cheap now. For $99 bucks apple just came out with a new mp3 player with flash memory. I has half a gig of memory (doesn't compare with the ipod, but...), it is the size of a stick of gum. No display, but if you're using it while skiing/riding it won't matter. I'm sure you can find some older non apple mp3 players on ebay for > $70.

hey i hard you broke your wrist? that sucks.

:postwhore