i wish i could change my username

soldier32

my mp3 player i broke was a 40gb and the cheapest one is the same exact one i ahve now for 170$ but i have like 80$ so im prob not getting it

Yeah, if you are using it while skiing then you should probobly look at a flash memory mp3 player. They can't hold nearly as much, but they are also a lot more durable than something with a hard drive. Plus they are a little more portable, and the battery life is longer.

As a rule, electronic hardware can't be fixed. Its delicate stuff, once you break it its not like you can just put it back together.

The real problem is that the cost of repair is usually more than the cost of a new unit. Assuming you could find someone with the skills to repair it, the cost of parts and labor would be more than $200. Electronic goods have become disposable commodities.

Hey whats wrong with it? Just out of curosity. I deal with a lot of electronics crap, and depending on the brand and whats wrong with it, I might be interested in buying it off of you for parts.

Oh yeah, if you want a real cheap mp3 player that has a 2 year warranty for boarding and stuff, 128MB Mp3 Player. I got one a bit ago because I didn't want to risk breaking my 20gb one skiing, and it works fine. Get a couple NiMH rechargeable AAA batteries, and you're set for a long time. 44.00 dollars after shipping, and you can get 5 dollars back by writing a review at pricegrabber.com. Not bad at all.

If you are gonna spend the money for a new big one, the Iriver H320s and H340s are about the same price as an Ipod and play video and other stuff on their screen. The downside is that you have to know how to encode video, but it can be learned from guides on the internet pretty easy. There about the same size as an Ipod too.

That sucks about your board by the way. I'm on rental boots right now so I sorta feel your pain. Breaking stuff sucks.

Hey whats wrong with it?  Just out of curosity.  I deal with a lot of electronics crap, and depending on the brand and whats wrong with it, I might be interested in buying it off of you for parts.

Oh yeah, if you want a real cheap mp3 player that has a 2 year warranty for boarding and stuff, 128MB Mp3 Player.  I got one a bit ago because I didn't want to risk breaking my 20gb one skiing, and it works fine.  Get a couple NiMH rechargeable AAA batteries, and you're set for a long time.  44.00 dollars after shipping, and you can get 5 dollars back by writing a review at pricegrabber.com.  Not bad at all.

If you are gonna spend the money for a new big one, the Iriver H320s and H340s are about the same price as an Ipod and play video and other stuff on their screen.  The downside is that you have to know how to encode video, but it can be learned from guides on the internet pretty easy.  There about the same size as an Ipod too.

That sucks about your board by the way.  I'm on rental boots right now so I sorta feel your pain.  Breaking stuff sucks.

The only thing wrong with it is that the screens broken. It can still hold 40gb of crap on it but i cant see what songs im trying to play. Its an RCA Lyra.

just a note to those who like to listen to music on the mtn... a flash memory player is indeed a much better idea. the small amount of moisture found in the air that is contained within the harddrive can freeze in colder temps (for example while you are skiing). this freezing causes tiny little ice crystals to form on the discs of the drive. as you can see this can cause quite a problem, and can fry your player. it happened to my 20gb archos about a yr ago. while there is a very tiny amount of moisture in the player it still happens. it only takes a very little bit for it to do so. so i would recomend not bringing a hard drive based player onto the mtn, but if you must, keep it in your jacket and close to your body. this way you keep it warm with your body heat and it wont have this problem.

Yeah also flash players have no moving parts what-so-ever. That means, for all extensive purposes, you can chuck them against things as much as you want, as long as the screen or PCB on the inside doesn't break. Hard drives have little spinning disks and a very percise tracking head, which is why they can skip and are much more fragile. I'm sure the freezing could happen too as Jibophonic said.

I've got a great one. Its a digitalway. Its tiny (3 x 1.5)'' and only cost 75 bucks. It may only have 256 MB of space on it, but I just change up my 40 or so songs every now and again and have no trouble. (who can really listen to the same songs over and over anyway) B)

I've got a great one. Its a digitalway. Its tiny (3 x 1.5)'' and only cost 75 bucks. It may only have 256 MB of space on it, but I just change up my 40 or so songs every now and again and have no trouble. (who can really listen to the same songs over and over anyway) B)

256mb for only 75 bucks that sounds like a good deal. where did u happen to get it, because im in the market for a flash player.

well i called mike and matts today to see whats up with my board. and i found out that my NEW nitro is in the mail right now!!! im pretty damn happy about that, and it does change my thoughts about never getting a nitro again. i didnt think that they were going to replace it. but it should be in sometime mid-week this week so i'll have it for the competition on friday. they didnt say which model it is though, but i do know that its a 152, which is perfect. cant wait until i get it

not to be a buzz kill, but most companies will send out a new board for repairs such as that. most figure it will just keep you from buggin them furthur and solitify you as a customer. I have hear of the following companies doing that:

Forum

Burton

Millenium Three (In fact one of my friends sent his M3 back and they sent him 2 new ones because they made a paper work error in the factory, lol. Lucky Bastard.)

well i got the new board on wednesday and i love it.  pretty much the same exact thing as my old board except its just a little stiffer,  which is better though.  the model they gave me is  the vandal.  good board

Glad to hear everything worked out nicely. Did they notice you had ridden any rails, or did you get off scotch free?