A-Basin 3/8

n0xidee

Wassup. First time getting a chance on the computer.

Hit up A-Basin yesterday. Got there at around 8:45 and was on the mountain by about 9:10. The temp was in the low to mid twenties and it was cloudy all day with some flurries going most of the day. The night before they got about 1-2" so there was some freshness all morning. I started off with 3 full top to bottom runs. Snow was fantastic. Only problem was the flat light. It was impossible to see anything on the snow. It all looked good so a few times i got bucked cause I didn't see tracks or anything. Around this time I started playing phone tag with Shadows and Glenn. We were all going to meet up to ride together. Only problem was service was only good in a select few areas. I went up the double on the far right side and had full service so I got ahold of Shadows. We were gonna meet at the mid mountain lodge at 11. I did a tree run down that side and it was good. Still some fresh snow to be had.

I went to the midmountain lodge at around 10:50 so I could get a bite to eat. Cheeseburger and curly fries, $13 :o ridiculous. No PASRs to be found. at 11:20 I was like whatever and went back out skiing. On my 2nd ride to the top Glenn was standing at the top. We also got ahold of shadows and so we met him down at the midmountain lift. All three of us headed over to the Montezuma bowl out back. That thing is huge. Shadows had been there all morning so he gave us a tour. We did one run down the skiers right side, and the second was a tree run down the skiers left side. We had to traverse over to it. It was pretty tracked out but I still managed to get caught in powder up to my knees. Had to kinda hike out. Took me a while to get down to the bottom. I was pretty beat. The next time we traversed a little over to the skiers right. It was wide open but it was really choppy. I had a nice spill. I didn't see a rut and hit it and had some nice tumble action. No injury, but I was getting tired and sloppy. After that I called it a day. We went back to the other side and made a top to bottom run. I went down again. This time more of a slide. I was pretty beat. Called it a day after that.

I took some pics but no action shots. Light was pretty bad and the flurries made the pics pretty beat. I will get them up later. Overall it was a great first day and I look forward to skiing some more rockies next week.