3/11 - Surprisingly crowded

noofus

Decided to take a day off work since the season is nearly over...

Rocked up to the summit lodge at 8:45 (34F) and got moving - snow was all frozen chunky granular on Burma, Lazy Mile, Main Street, Midway and Razors Edge. Paradise had some better grooming and was relativly nice.

Got hungry around 11:30 and grabbed some of that awesome chili. Seemed like it was a mistake because as soon as I got back out there the snow had turned to complete mush on the whole mountain. Got quite gluey after a while and my skis didnt want to even move in a straight line on Home Stretch. I found some decent snow on Challange and Raceway but that was about it. By 2:30 things were unskiable with the skis I had on. Not sure if different equipment would have helped, but maybe...I headed out and my Jeep's thermometer was reading 50F...eek

All in all it was a bunch of fun and was worth burning a vacation day. :)

Edited by noofus

Actually, I'm pretty sure the reality show's last day was either last saturday or sunday :)

I was there Sunday for the last filming. They did some shots of the cardboard classic - and then had all the ski patrol gather at the top of Switchback for a final group run for the cameras...

Actually, I'm pretty sure the reality show's last day was either last saturday or sunday :)

they did more work on monday. i was talking to one of the photographers / camera guys that was there and they said they just needed to do some interviews and they would be out of there. also, last week the called in the medevac just so they could get a shot of it coming in. they had cameras set up everywhere. on top of challenge, the school hill, on the helipad. crazy stuff.

they did more work on monday. i was talking to one of the photographers / camera guys that was there and they said they just needed to do some interviews and they would be out of there. also, last week the called in the medevac just so they could get a shot of it coming in. they had cameras set up everywhere. on top of challenge, the school hill, on the helipad. crazy stuff.

Watch for some kid getting loaded onto the helicopter on a cloudy day, and then they'll show the chopper taking off when it's real sunny :)