Zip Rider opening

be85

The ZipRider is absolutely amazing!!!!! SOOO COOL!!! I could ride it over and over all day long. Would HIGHLY recommend to anyone. Rode it first during the day and then again at night, and then again the next day. All I have to say is that thing ROCKS!!

• 4 months later...

Yay who wants to ride the zip rider in the freezing cold? squid has an excellent point, your gonna have people walk down the snow covered hill to get on a lift with skiers and snowboarders moving at normal speed, (If i'm not mistaken it had to run at slow speed in the summer) with the unloading ramp covered with snow, during the day on the weekends when its busiest? seriously, didn't they think anything through? anything at all? fuck!

Yay who wants to ride the zip rider in the freezing cold? squid has an excellent point, your gonna have people walk down the snow covered hill to get on a lift with skiers and snowboarders moving at normal speed, (If i'm not mistaken it had to run at slow speed in the summer) with the unloading ramp covered with snow, during the day on the weekends when its busiest? seriously, didn't they think anything through? anything at all? fuck!

I've walked across a mountain connector before (they might need to have a path or line off to the side though). Lifties get on/off lifts on foot all the time with no troubles. If you watched the promo video for ZipRider, you would have heard the management at (Winter Park, I believe) say they were interested in an attraction they could run YEAR ROUND. I don't see any problems here. I don't think anybody can argue they Sno can't use the extra cash they'll make running it in the winter.

I've walked across a mountain connector before (they might need to have a path or line off to the side though). Lifties get on/off lifts on foot all the time with no troubles. If you watched the promo video for ZipRider, you would have heard the management at (Winter Park, I believe) say they were interested in an attraction they could run YEAR ROUND. I don't see any problems here. I don't think anybody can argue they Sno can't use the extra cash they'll make running it in the winter.

Well why don't you go ahead and take a stroll up the Sno and take a look at all the cables and the retrieval system, then maybe you will understand why the ziprider isn't running. There is constantly ice on the cables from snow being made, which isn't exactly the best for a zip line.

Nahh, howbout "Zip Rider" season permitting

Steever, I was a lifty for 2 years, unless your good on your feet you cant walk off a lift with out slipping and falling, it needs to be slowed down for most people. If I were riding a lift that was slowed down for almost every chair in the cold I would be super pissed.

I'de bet there would be liability problems because of no steps.

I don't know if you've ever been to sno or montage but if you ever see the shuttle lift and the hill you have to go down to get to the lift, you would understand why you wouldent want average people walking down it among skiers and schreaders...