08-09 Season Passes

Ratboy

i was considering a season pass this year, anyone have input on whether or not it would be worth it to get the unlimited pass or if i should just go for the midweek. either way i would just have to hope they dont use all their guns on a 7 million foot half pipe this year. :wiggle

i was considering a season pass this year, anyone have input on whether or not it would be worth it to get the unlimited pass or if i should just go for the midweek. either way i would just have to hope they dont use all their guns on a 7 million foot half pipe this year. :wiggle

Get the unlimited, its never crowded on the weekend

Deff go for the unlimited. It's never crowded there and the snow is great! But I agree, they need to shift the focus slightly away from building a massive halfpipe and making sure the whole mountain is decently covered.

Adult - $550 early rate - for only sno mtn.

hardy har har har

O.k $650.00 for Elk ????

Sno $550, Closer, less gas,

8 million dollar snowmaking system with 200 snow guns, Better coverage and quicker recovery from thaw cycles,

White lighting, excellent steep trail

Can order more than 2 beers at the bar at one time

All new rentals

new food area

IDK seems like a deal to me considering I bought my first pass in 1988 and paid $350 early bird. The price is way less than double in 20 years????

What more do you want plus there are many other pass options to ski and not spend $550.

O.k $650.00 for Elk ????

Sno $550, Closer, less gas,

8 million dollar snowmaking system with 200 snow guns, Better coverage and quicker recovery from thaw cycles,

White lighting, excellent steep trail

Can order more than 2 beers at the bar at one time

All new rentals

new food area

IDK seems like a deal to me considering I bought my first pass in 1988 and paid $350 early bird. The price is way less than double in 20 years????

What more do you want plus there are many other pass options to ski and not spend $550.

I would like to add: all the trails have lights! :wiggle

I agree though, sno is doing alot to improve the mountain and I think this year is going to be a good one for them. 550 is not that bad if u go enough, and for all of us who live in Scranton, it is so much more convenient than to driving to elk, especially when the roads suck. (and all the trails have lights)

I would like to add: all the trails have lights! :wiggle

I agree though, sno is doing alot to improve the mountain and I think this year is going to be a good one for them. 550 is not that bad if u go enough, and for all of us who live in Scranton, it is so much more convenient than to driving to elk, especially when the roads suck. (and all the trails have lights)

:yes:yes:yes:yes:yes

i'm thinking about buying a pass instead of working there this season, even if i do work there i think it would be worth it for the connivence. but i would really like to know what there plans are on the 22ft beOch. I went up this weekend and asked a former supervisor if they had started the dirt work and they didn't start yet nor did he know if they were going to, not that i would make my decision because i want the pipe, its just that it would be really really stupid of them to not take the time to do it, I mean they wasted so much man hours, money, resources and the fact that they had the trail closed for so long really was an inconvenience for the customers. personally I would really love to see sno kick ass this winter, especially cuz the farmers almanac says the winters gonna be brutal, but i would really like to see them get it right for once. As for sno cove, i'm glad to see it open (sorta open) i didn't really expect it to be open fully, i mean its a lot of work to get that together and that zip line looks awesome, if anything go up just to see the thing. so to wrap up, working at sno was a lot of fun and i would recommend it to anyone who's short on cash cuz passe aren't cheep, (god it sounds like i'm advertising them doesn't it) but I don't know if I went one day this summer with out thinking about snowboarding and i have a lot of great ideas for the park. One more thought, I really hope that the price of diesel doesn't effect the grooming this year and you know its gonna be tough getin people to drive up there with the price of gas, so thats my only worry with buying a pass, them skimping on quality to save a buck but if its what they gotta do to stay alive... i'm sure all mtn's are in the same boat though... maybe i'll buy one just to support the mountain.

My buddy and I went up Sunday and got our passes, and the lady was super nice and said she has sold a bunch of passes already. Hopefully if enough people get their passes early Sno will get on top of things that need early attention, like the pipe, and other dirt work, so when cold comes they can blow a ton of snow! I bought the unlimited, figured it would make me go more often to get my money's worth. Lets hope farmer's almanac is right!

I will def. buy the unlimited, though I hope I don't waste my money. Last year I had a friend who also got an unlimited pass, and we'd ski together, but she has moved. As of right now, none of my other friends are getting passes. :( I really hope that doesn't diminish the time that I spend skiing this year!

If anyone has any information about the pipe, I'd love to hear it. I certainly do not intend to use it, but I'm just curious. I thought the original plan was to put it in my by the lodge. I remember reading something about that on the website, and I remember thinking that it would be cool to be able to sit on the deck and watch people go through it.

As for grooming--I've never had a problem with Sno's grooming. I think they normally groom in the morning. Most days in the evening, the grooming is just fine. The only time that I have a problem with it is when it warms up during the day, and then refreezes when it gets dark--then it can get icy and yucky. But that really doesn't have anything to do with grooming.

Okay, back to work...

personally I don't mind ridin alone, I listen to my toonz and i'll ride for 5-6 hours strait, but it is nice to ride with a bunch of people, I found that I progressed more when I had someone to copy off of. Sno's grooming was excellent last year when you look at the weather they had, my concern is just that when you add up the costs for running those cats, when I was working with the park groomer, he told me that they go through about 50 gallons of diesel a night each you take that times around 4.00 a gallon thats at least $200 a cat a night times 4-5 cats looking at maybe $1000 a night just for fuel 7 days a week, that adds up big time, now those are like estimates and I hope I don't look like an ass to the people who know more than me because for all I know it could be a lot more. $550 for a pass seems like a good deal and I decided I'm gonna get it, I have a decent job now and it would be really nice to ride every day after work and on the weekends at my own leisure. I'll even volunteer my time for the park if necessary, but as for now, I would rather be a customer who has every right to bitch about the mountain if it sucks and not just an employee who kinda has to earn there pass, not that there's anything wrong with that lol.

I also had an idea today, remember how bad it was last year when I tried getting peoples opinions about the park? Maybe this year we can get people on pasr who are interested in giving there opinions who aren't total tools, to have like a meeting up at sno, like on a saturday, some time in early december, maybe november (a Volunteer park committee) If the GM and park staff are interested? might be a lot more productive than a bunch of kids from who knows where talking out there ass who have never even been to sno? maybe even just a general pasr meeting with the management of sno so we can all get on the same page? cuz i know i'm not the only one who's counting the days till the season starts...

Bought mine yesterday (unlimited), so i guess sno was closed, it was like a ghost town up there, everything was open but no one was there, I mean nobody! (Except for the construction crew but they don't acknowledge your there anyway) i probably walked around for 20 min, checking out the zip rider and min golf and stuff, walked through the lodge up the other steps and i'll say they did a ton of work this summer. I kept looking until I just started knocking on the office door and maybe 3 min later a nice lady opened the door and let me buy the pass, she said they closed for the day, it was a shame, it was a gorgeous day, not too hot just right. hopefully they'll have good business next summer when the water park is completed.