Goggles?

lilpeterr

Well I was talking to a friend and he told me to buy goggles that are tinted so your eye woudn't get damged. Is it true? I have been reading some articles like the one below saying it can cause eye problems in the long run. I already have goggle, but it is "night goggles". It is not tinted and it is orange ment to be used in the night. Does this still protect me from harmfull UV Rays and what not? Anyone run into problems from skiing/snowboarding and your eye hurting?

http://www.allaboutvision.com/sunglasses/spf.htm

I agree with TP4. Its not the end of the world. If you're out riding every minute of every day and staring at the snow it might be an issue but otherwise its no biggie. The thing you have to worry about really are the UV rays which can cause damage. No matter what color your lens is if its not a UV blocking lens its not going to make a difference. A UV blocking yellow lens is better than a non blocking really dark lens.

I wouldn't really worry about it from a safety standpoint. If the light doesn't bother you then I would just leave it alone.

If you are all squinty going down the hill, you need better goggles. If your eyes are comfortable, you are good to go.

I'd say if you're all squity going down the hill, you need glasses. unless of course you meant that you need darker lenses. In which case, an orange/persimmon tint is usually fine for around here as an all-around lens. We have night skiing and often times, flat light. You don't always need a very dark mirrored lens.

The thing you have to worry about really are the UV rays which can cause damage. No matter what color your lens is if its not a UV blocking lens its not going to make a difference. A UV blocking yellow lens is better than a non blocking really dark lens.

This pretty much sums it up. Goggles that aren't UV rated won't protect your eyes from UV rays from the sun. It would be like wearing sunglasses that aren't polarized, they are worthless because they aren't doing what they should be doing.

they claim that jacking off all the time will cause you to go blind too, but GSS can still see to type so that must be bullshit...

Nah, he just has the keyboard memorized so well that he can type blindly :lol:

It would be like wearing sunglasses that aren't polarized, they are worthless because they aren't doing what they should be doing.

Not true, polarized lenses have nothing to do with protection. Polarized lenses cut glare not UV or IR. Most glasses or goggles today have UV protection.

Not true, polarized lenses have nothing to do with protection. Polarized lenses cut glare not UV or IR. Most glasses or goggles today have UV protection.

My bad, I guess I didn't know what polarized meant after all :lol: But yeah, I think it would be hard to find goggles today (even cheap ones) that aren't UV protected.