Pocono ski week report

volklyokel

Yeah, Volkl, Montage opens at Noon during the week for the day pass people. But the North Face diamonds open before that just for season passholders. It lets us have fresh tracks and not be bothered by tourists.

You mean your mountains down South don't do that?

Nah, we don't do that down here. We are friendly and welcome all tourists. Part of our southern hospitality. I hope Montage sells soon, so that it's new owners can set a more conciliatory tone. I'd like to come back and ski the rest of Montage's runs, but I deplore skiing on snow with the consistency of mashed potatos.

Some people see providing extra services and features for loyal passholders as a negative.

So you want Montage sold to a company that would cater to the day pass crowd? That would seem like a friendlier thing to do? Hmmm...yeah, maybe they should start throwing up some colorful water slides and closing early to prepare for summer events. Jeez, I hope you didn't find the suggest box. I hear they once listened.

I think it's really great that montage does that for their season pass holders. I wish more mountains would reward their loyal customers in some way or another. I don't neccessarily think that keeping the mountain closed for the passholders is needed but its cool nonetheless. Sure it sucks if your not from that mountain, but, I would hardly take a vacation to ride anywhere in the poconos, so the weekend or nights would be the only time I hit up montage. Certainly beats CB's attitude towards season pass holders.

I think it's really great that montage does that for their season pass holders. I wish more mountains would reward their loyal customers in some way or another. I don't neccessarily think that keeping the mountain closed for the passholders is needed but its cool nonetheless. Sure it sucks if your not from that mountain, but, I would hardly take a vacation to ride anywhere in the poconos, so the weekend or nights would be the only time I hit up montage. Certainly beats CB's attitude towards season pass holders.

I'd like to see the Challenge lift at blue made season passholders only. I don't care if it's slow, it'd just be nice to have something to fall back onto.

I often just ride up the challenge lift instead of the quad on busy days IMO I think it goes faster than waiting in the quads line.

well if you're a single, I'd always take the quad, single line moves quick. If you're a double, and the quad is busy, and the challenge is empty, take the challenge, its a different view of the mtn, and the liftie (bigger guy, wears sunglasses) is amazing, best liftie ever, you feel like you're in heaven, cause the chair comes in so softly. he's great :D

Sure it sucks if your not from that mountain, but, I would hardly take a vacation to ride anywhere in the poconos, so the weekend or nights would be the only time I hit up montage.

Great point. And it's simply something passholders asked for. What a great way to build loyalty, too, as is the 15% off on food and in the gift shop.

Maybe it makes the management come off as unfriendly to some, but lemme just tell ya how friendly and relaxed we are compared to some of the crazy NYC folks I've been skiing with at CB over the past few seasons.

Great point. And it's simply something passholders asked for. What a great way to build loyalty, too, as is the 15% off on food and in the gift shop.

Maybe it makes the management come off as unfriendly to some, but lemme just tell ya how friendly and relaxed we are compared to some of the crazy NYC folks I've been skiing with at CB over the past few seasons.

I really don't mind a cold attitude from management in terms of friendlyness. I don't want a friend from managers, I want a mountain that is run well. Quite frankly the mountain that is less friendly to tourists is probobly going to have better quality skiing/riding. I don't know how many convos there have been about CB not stepping up in the park department because they cater to the weekend crowd. Similar things have been said about CB letting some runs develop bumps, or heaven forbid, they install hay bails for bumps :o

i think the lift opening early is a good idea. only one problem im at school. plus i think that montage should let me and my friends in the bar to get wings. they have 30 cent wings on tuesday and thursday nights but they didnt let us get them today because it was take out. we said then well eat in the bar but we have to be 21.