Snow at Sno?

rastasquid

I dont want to say I heard from a "very reliable source", but a friend of mine works at sno and said that they were going to have a crew on hand tonight to make the white stuff weather permitting.

...or you can check the site, which is a reliable source( most of the time :rolleyes: )

-Breaking News! Snow guns are ready, Weather is perfect, Sn

i didn't wanna start a new thread for this, but has anyone heard any rumors as to an opening? the site says look for an early opening this week.

Was roaming around the hill this afternoon ... Snow guns are running, but the have a lot of work to do. Opening day is supposed to be 06 December but some folks are saying that they might be open for the "turkey day" weekend.

Thanks for the pics Ratboy. Really weird that they don't have the lazy river filled in yet. I wonder what they're waiting for?

I stopped by as well yesterday. it looks like there are some big piles of snow all over the place. The only thing I can think of is that they plan on grooming out the big piles at the last minute to protect against a warm spell. They seem pretty confident that they will be open next weekend. They hemmed and hawed about Thanksgiving, but I would be happy to ski on Friday. Too much food and football on Thursday.

Weather is supposed to be warmer this week (40's) with some rain ... I'm hoping that the weather folks are wrong ...

that would be awful! what weather forecast are you looking at? weather.com looks decent... not for snow blowing, but i mean, not in the 40s (other than tomorrow).

Edited by Melissa

that would be awful! what weather forecast are you looking at? weather.com looks decent... not for snow blowing, but i mean, not in the 40s (other than tomorrow).

I usually check out the National Weather Service and AccuWeather. They seem to vary bit on their predictions , but both forecast daytime temps this week will be above freezing. That won't help Sno with their snowmaking ops ... There's too much brown on that mountain.

I usually check out the National Weather Service and AccuWeather. They seem to vary bit on their predictions , but both forecast daytime temps this week will be above freezing. That won't help Sno with their snowmaking ops ... There's too much brown on that mountain.

I'm trying to think positively... the guns are on.

go have a look at northface

I did ... North face does look pretty good from a distance (Was not able to hike down take and pix). The live video feed shows the snow guns are still blasting ... I'll ride whatever they have open on Wednesday (even if it's the damned bunny hill) ...