Question about Opening

lilpeterr

They will have more open than just a park... They are just building the park in the tubing area instead of laurel... My guess is that they will have about 7 trails and there will be early season rates in effect... They are usually pretty good about that kind of thing... Well, at least for late season...

Thanks for the link, for those that don't want to leave

Camelback Mountain Resort - Operating Hours

Camelback Mountain Resort began snowmaking operations on Monday, November 17, 2008 and will continue round the clock snowmaking as temperatures permit. Click here to see the guns in action.

Camelback anticipates opening a temporary terrain park at its snowtubing facility from 10 am to 3 pm this Saturday and Sunday. In addition to the snowmaking, crews will be busy installing rails to fuel the early-season adrenaline of snowboarders and free-skiers. Should Mother Nature continue to give her blessing, tubing chutes will also be available for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Camelback Mountain Resort is scheduled to open for the season on December 5, 2008, continue checking skicamelback.com for updates on opening day and other events early in the season.

Lift Operating Hours

Monday

I'm surprised noones talking about the fact that camelback isn't opening for thanksgiving weekend (besides the tubing hill terrain park).....I know its not unlike camelback to eff something up, but come on I want to ride a hill with a decent amount of vert instead of big boulders measly little pile of snow. Not to mention I was hoping to avoid the jib crowd.

I'm surprised noones talking about the fact that camelback isn't opening for thanksgiving weekend (besides the tubing hill terrain park).....I know its not unlike camelback to eff something up, but come on I want to ride a hill with a decent amount of vert instead of big boulders measly little pile of snow. Not to mention I was hoping to avoid the jib crowd.

That does suck, maybe blue or sno will be open for the holiday?

I don't care if they did have a park open... Their stupidity is beyond me... I wouldn't go to make a point... They have been running around the clock for over 3 days, which is more than enough to get some trails open... I mean seriosuly, they could move those guns and have another 3-4 trails open by the weekend... Not opening until Dec. 5th is the exact reason I got a pass to Blue last year... They are dedicated to money, not product or rep... I really wish someone would call them and talk some sense into them... I have a feeling they are planning on opening T-Day and arent telling us to build suspense, but if you have been running the guns, running the lifts would only be a marginal increase in cost and you could get this weekend of revenue in and next weeks (which will be way higher). Not to mention, if people see your open this weekend they will assume you will be open next weekend and make their plans accordingly... The business plan doesn't make sense to me... I'm 100% sure its not a manpower issue since most of the hiring is complete... Ok, so maybe you can't get a full staff, but not enough to run the Sullivan and add like 5 ski patrollers? BS!!! Why waste the money and not do anything with it?