anything walkable to the slopes?

AndyEich

It's been a long time since I've been to Elk, but I was hoping to stop by this year.

Doesn't look like there's anything slopeside being advertised, but when I look here, it looks like there's a place with 6 tennis courts and 2 nasty pools that is (was?) a good option. Many places north of that look walk-able, too, but again, I don't know if they can be rented.

Does anybody what this place is, and how one goes about renting there, or in one of the nearby places?

Thanks!!

The only thing "slopeside" is the village (the place with the pools and tennis courts) which is a private community that only rents houses for the season. Your best bet for a weekend is in the places mentioned above, or for a longer weekend/week elk medows will sometimes rent. (Down the road) Other than that its the various small motels/ b&b locally and then clarks summit.

The only thing "slopeside" is the village (the place with the pools and tennis courts) which is a private community that only rents houses for the season. Your best bet for a weekend is in the places mentioned above, or for a longer weekend/week elk medows will sometimes rent. (Down the road) Other than that its the various small motels/ b&b locally and then clarks summit.

Thanks a ton--I see they have a website. I'm surprised that I can't find any owners willing to rent--unless that is prohibited by their bylaws.

Thanks a ton--I see they have a website. I'm surprised that I can't find any owners willing to rent--unless that is prohibited by their bylaws.

Yea I believe the shortest you can rent is for a month. The village doesnt want the situations of people coming for the weekend, don't know much about them, etc. There are some very wealthy homeowners who are part of the village, mostly the reason behind the rental situations. Hope you find a place to stay and have a good skiing experience at Elk.

Both the Stonebridge Inn and Restaurant, and the Endless Mtn resort are about two miles from the Mtn by road. Couple of good fairly cheap places that rent rooms for the night are Chet's Place and the Candlelight Inn on Lake Lowe. Chet's Place is about two miles away and The Candlelight about three.

Chet's is the locals hangout with bands most weekends, a pool table, decent bar food, and cheap beer. Candlelight has the best food in the area at reasonable prices, a pool table, and cheap beer--no bands. Both places rent rooms to snowmobilers and can fill up quickly during sledding season. If you have an idea of when you'd like to go, I suggest you call either place now as the number of rooms in both places are very limited.