Nice conditions at blue

skifreak

Went up  to blue this morning and conditions were excellent. The snow was packed down on trails but on most they had a coating of powder on top. Switchback had plenty of powder on it :drool  and I literally had the trail to myself.

yea it was really nice this morning. When the race team got off of razors the headwall was amazing, since they didn't set the course on it. Oh man, nothing beats laying over an arc on the headwall of Razors...whew...gives me a rush just thinking about it

You see I was heading to the other side of the mountain after they just opened razors edge I just missed you by a few mins!

This is post 1000 for me!

:lol: everytime! I left just before the bloody sun came out...twas cold before hand though...mainstreet was real nice today, was doing laps down that, really layed down some nice arcs :D

I cannot believe it I was even going to go down it the last two race officials were leaving as I went up the quad and crossed over it. I was for sure I would have met you today because this is the earliest I ever got there and may I say how empty it is in the morning! Anyway if my fat uncle didn't have to stop at the Whitehall Diner to eat breakfast I probably would have met you.

Edited by skifreak

• 1 month later...
was anyone at blue today...how was it and how will it be tomorrow?

skifreak was there today, said it was nice. The snow should freeze tonight, which means probably 3 laps of FIRM snow on razors edge. Watch out for me laying it down, cause i want to get a few laps of HARD arcs down, but after the snow comes out, the soft bumps should form, and it should be a beauitful day. Mid 40's with the sun!

Conditions were pretty good today, also. I was there from 7:30 to 11:30. Generally, there is a lot of snow. It is clear Blue is closing for lack of skiers and riders, not lack of snow.

Challenge and Razor's Edge were particularly great runs. I did laps for the first two hours. I then moved over to Main Street, to play in the moguls. Those moguls are strange. It is probably because they build the moguls, the better line is across the hill, not straight down. At the bottom of Main Street, where all the trails come together, was crud. Ugh!

A good morning of skiing.

Conditions were pretty good today, also. I was there from 7:30 to 11:30. Generally, there is a lot of snow. It is clear Blue is closing for lack of skiers and riders, not lack of snow.

Challenge and Razor's Edge were particularly great runs. I did laps for the first two hours. I then moved over to Main Street, to play in the moguls. Those moguls are strange. It is probably because they build the moguls, the better line is across the hill, not straight down. At the bottom of Main Street, where all the trails come together, was crud. Ugh!

A good morning of skiing.

I think I saw you today, red and orange jacket right? You weren't wearing goggles right? I saw you in the singles line, and yelled your named, but you didn't turn around :)

I think I saw you today, red and orange jacket right?  You weren't wearing goggles right?  I saw you in the singles line, and yelled your named, but you didn't turn around  :)

Yeah, probably me. Sunglasses, not goggles. If I didn't hear my name, I was probably checking out some girl. ;)

Even on good days that area is all muckedy muck. Don't really know why, but it's always bad.

Two places that confuse me. Pharoh (at CB of course) and the bottom of main street. Bottom of main street is always sugary. Anyway, I usually use the top 1/2 for arcing, and when it's still early, and hard, that can be a nice ripping trail....

Btw, GREAT conditions today, it was rock solid up until 11 (i did 20+ laps on razors edge, wanted to make my final few, all out, lay it over, GS arcs). After that it started to loosen up just a bit, but the sun went away and it cooled down, so I was still making arc after arc until i left at 12:30. 31 runs of GS goodness. :)

Two places that confuse me.  Pharoh (at CB of course)

Pharaoh is easy. Its out in the sun, and it has no wind protection. Meaning it will melt and then the loose stuff blows away right away. On a super cold or super warm day pharaoh will be great. On borderline freezing day, pharaoh cold go either way, depends on traffic. Almost invariably pharaoh will be covered in ice from 5:30 until close. It could almost be a black, not because of the pitch, but just because of how bizarre the conditions are. Maybe that would keep more n00bs off it... but then again, the insane crashes are fun to watch from the lift :rofl