Questions about Lift Tickets

lilpeterr

My guess is that if you pulled something quite wrong on the mountain after your ticket expired they might try to get you for trespassing. However, if someone just happened to notice your ticket expired, they would most likely tell you to just leave. As long as you don't leave the snow after your ticket has expired, they would only find out if someone phyically checked your ticket (ie lift operator or ski patrol).

The price of an all day ticket is $43, there is also a all day/twilight pass that costs $52. So for the $9 difference you might as well just buy the all day/twilight pass. If your not sure if you will want to stay past five, you can just buy an All Day pass but ask the people at the counter if you can upgrade to the All Day / Twilight pass if you decide to stay past 5. It will only cost you the difference in the ticket, $9.

I've had plenty of days where I bought a morning pass but rode a 1/2 hour or hour past my expiration time. Other times I have just bought the morning pass but then decided to stay the rest of the day and upgraded to the All Day pass for the difference in price.

If you go a few minutes over, its easy to say you lost track of time. If you go hours and hours over, then thats would be tough to explain. Paying the additional $9 is worth it rather than having any troubles come from trying to sneak out on the mountain for a few hours after your ticket expired. Plus you can go in and out of the lodge as many times as you want.

My guess is that if you pulled something quite wrong on the mountain after your ticket expired they might try to get you for trespassing. However, if someone just happened to notice your ticket expired, they would most likely tell you to just leave. As long as you don't leave the snow after your ticket has expired, they would only find out if someone phyically checked your ticket (ie lift operator or ski patrol).

The price of an all day ticket is $43, there is also a all day/twilight pass that costs $52. So for the $9 difference you might as well just buy the all day/twilight pass. If your not sure if you will want to stay past five, you can just buy an All Day pass but ask the people at the counter if you can upgrade to the All Day / Twilight pass if you decide to stay past 5. It will only cost you the difference in the ticket, $9.

I've had plenty of days where I bought a morning pass but rode a 1/2 hour or hour past my expiration time. Other times I have just bought the morning pass but then decided to stay the rest of the day and upgraded to the All Day pass for the difference in price.

If you go a few minutes over, its easy to say you lost track of time. If you go hours and hours over, then thats would be tough to explain. Paying the additional $9 is worth it rather than having any troubles come from trying to sneak out on the mountain for a few hours after your ticket expired. Plus you can go in and out of the lodge as many times as you want.

^^ What he said ^^

When I was in college I would usually count on staying a little after my ticket expired. If I did, it wasnt really more than an hour, I just knew I didnt have to be off the snow at the stroke of 5. Nowadays, I just pay the extra few dollars and call it a day. Not that the extra few dollars is really worth the convenience of being able to go in the lodge and come back out, but I'd rather just not worry about it if I have to.

The lack of common sense truly scares me sometimes.

Talking about theft of services in a public thread is stupid.

x2 what TT's saying...

Plain and simple, you should be off the slopes when your ticket's expired. Why somebody would ask such a question when they know its against the rules?