12/6 Tr

Santa Clauss

My TR....

I have no clue what time I got up there. No precip when I was booting up. I thought, hmmm should I wear my hat, nah I hate my hat, I won't get cold.

Big mistake.

As soon as I started skiing, it started to rain/sleet. Guess what happens to hair with such precipation? It freezes. OKay, so, I'm skiing, kind of looking freaky because my ponytail is frozen. I wasn't cold though and was having fun. Decided to check out the upper mountain for the first time this season. Wow, did the frozen precip get worse on that lift... I got off the lift FROZEN--not cold, just physically frozen. My jacket was shiney and crunchy, it was so amusing. So was my hair. Awesome.

So, I do a few runs up there and down the lower runway or whichever one that is open. Very fun stuff. Each time up the lift was SO PAINFUL, literally, because the seats were covered in ice, and despite my layers of fat, my butt gets VERY cold on the lift. I actually started to wonder how long it takes to get frostbite.

My goggles started to be a problem because they'd get all frozen and icky and it was hard to clean them off. I tried skiing without them, but I could only go so far before the frozen ice pellets hurt my face.

I then decided it was time to go home. Plus, I was feeling ridiculous, being the stupid girl with the frozen clothes and the frozen ponytail and the lack of hat (I did not see another person there with no hat/helmet). I figured that I looked as ridiculous as I felt.

I get back to my car, and realize that my hair was the least of my problems b/c my goggleless skiing yielded some serious raccoon eyes! So funny.

All in all I had fun. Great music on the ipod (Jack's Manniquin), fun skiing. Precip sucked, and conditions were good.

I thought that was you, we both got to our cars at the same time. So the weather conditions got a little crappy, it was honestly one of the best days riding of the entire season in my opinion, like melissa said, the ice was amusing, it was about 26 degrees when I left.

New park features:

Three flat boxes that step up each time. Pretty cool

Same small rail

Picnic table set sunken in the ground sideways, really sick

Small kicker

Ducking awesome Bonk, pops you up perfectly, flows so well

Then the rail island

Flat down, flat, or urban double down rail

Last is the long mailbox set up sideways for a spine

If I missed anything please correct me

Also I'm pretty sure I was told this because he knew I would post it, but thrlere finially going to be putting lights on whistler soon!

IDE like to thank management again for listening to our complaints and doing something about the lights. It means a lot to me.

I thought that was you, we both got to our cars at the same time. So the weather conditions got a little crappy, it was honestly one of the best days riding of the entire season in my opinion, like melissa said, the ice was amusing, it was about 26 degrees when I left.

SUV or VW?

VW

He said the trail number (its how they go by names) and i'm like 90% sure he said 4 which is whistler, Gee, I hope he didn't say 3, now i'm second guessing myself, maybe someone else knows who can back it up? (Pretty sure i'm right though)

They might start blowing on spike towards the end of the week, I'm pretty sure they want to get the rest of the mountain WELL taken care of because spike is going to take up the majority of there snowmaking capacity.

I was hoping they would have some new trails open by now but it makes sense to wait until after this storm to push the snow incase we do get some substantial rain

Now i'm gonna go bitch out who ever started that thread on them not blowing snow

Jack's Mannequin?? Wasn't expecting to see that one pop up. Sounds like Sno is in good shape minus the ice. I am sure it will be good for the weekend. I am just hoping the course isn't too icy thurs. night. BTW Brian, I was supposed to remind you we start thursday.

I stand corrected, I followed the trail map on there website which is not the same trail number system the staff uses, (Not that you guys need to know all that but I would like to admit I was wrong) reguardless whistler is trail 3 and thats what he said, lets just all be pumped there puting more lights up reguardless which trail it is...

I might go up tonight, I might need a day off, the conditions might be great might suck...

Check out the 10 day forecast! (I don't want to jynx anything)

I stand corrected, I followed the trail map on there website which is not the same trail number system the staff uses, (Not that you guys need to know all that but I would like to admit I was wrong) reguardless whistler is trail 3 and thats what he said, lets just all be pumped there puting more lights up reguardless which trail it is...

I might go up tonight, I might need a day off, the conditions might be great might suck...

Check out the 10 day forecast! (I don't want to jynx anything)

Well.. now that has me wondering if they're putting new lights on the race course trail.... which would be amazing!!

There are definitely dark spots on that course, and my eyes struggle picking up the blue flags because I'm going so fast.. :rolleyes:

besides mainline being very well lit now, nothing new really, there are now a couple park features on spike though. its weird, tonight seemed like the place was very well lit, I don't know if it was like a full moon or the light reflecting off the low clouds, or maybe they are fixing the lights too.

I'm lovin that bonk! i'm so stoked for this park, i can just feel it, its going to be worth the wait... there's some really creative stuff in there now I can't wait to see what he does with more resources.