Is anyone going up monday?

insomniac

Me and Andrew will be there. If anyone is going up, hit me up on my cell. (4845155876) We're going with my not so hot uncle. But that means free passes so its all good. It'd be cool if we could meet up with some members who know the place. Our descriptions are:

Me:

Giro 9mx helmet

Oakley Wisdoms with Hi intensity blue lense

Black/grey Jacket

Dark blue pants

Red Nordica boots

S912ti bindings

Last years line 1260s (yellow with ninjas on the back)

Andrew:

Giro Bad leiutenant (green)

Gold Smith Fuses

Green jacket

White pants

Grey boots

s810 bindings

K2 fujatives (like his signature)

If you see us, dont be shy. We both have Pasr stickers on our helmets.

Is that enough info? I better see someone up there.

yeah i will give you guys it sucked today expect on nile, cliff, and pharoh. but the moguls on the landings on the jumps wasnt cool. i dunno though i was out of it today and i didnt get the chance to show you up, lol, next time i will be up at boulder.

Well, camelback isn't the greatest powder mountain, and the stuff we got today was heavy and wet. The trails have some fun stuff normally, like natural hits and such, but with the bumps everywhere, they weren't really accessible.

It may have been heavy and wet, which meant it bumped up quickly, but the first hour Monday morning was easily the best I've ever seen at CB (this is only my second year here). Pharaoh and Bactrian were a lovely combination :drool

By 10.30, most of the runs were back to bumps and ice... :(

Was it crowded yesteray?

My daughter and I left at 11'ish mainly because of other things we had to do with the non-boarding side of the family, but the queues were still short (no more than 6-8 people waiting at the east side quad) and the trails (east side and centre) were practically empty. The one run we took down Tut's / meadows was busy enough to send us straight back to the other side but not as bad as a "normal" sunday.

Things weren't really that crowded at all. I would say the same or less than a usual weekend. The roads must have kept people away or something. As far as ice, there was a little bit of hardpack, but I think I only saw one patch of ice on the whole mountain, and I rode just about every trail, and I rode open to close so I think I would know. As far as bumps don't know about that either. It was just choppy till later in the day. Then things firmed up again. Late in the evening those rollers that develop from too much traffic (if anyone could explain how this happens I would be delighted to hear) were everywhere. I think they are fun to double or triple though, or even just straight bomb. In the late evening things were still soft so I was happy. The ungroomed trails were amazing first thing, but quickly went to crap. I was the 3rd person to ride cliffy, so I didn't even touch anyone elses tracks. Pretty amazing feeling. We could use more days like yesterday, even if it wasn't the greatest powder in the world.

My boys said they had free run of the place --  so much for Presidents day..  the locals stayed home and us tourists tore up the place! :nana  The boys like the crud and empty slopes...  They get air everywhere!

yea, I was asking about Camelback. I KNEW Blue was friggen empty, the most I had to wait for was 5 chairs, I just wanted to know about CB...

I'll be at CB saturday..it will be hard to miss me. I wear kind of a bright green coat, black pants, a black head band with my hair in a ponytail with silver goggles..just yell my name or hit me with sumthing haha anything will work.

Andrew-- I'm beyond sorry for not bein able to make it up for friday! I feel so bad that I won't be there. :(

I'll be at CB saturday..it will be hard to miss me. I wear kind of a bright green coat, black pants, a black head band with my hair in a ponytail with silver goggles..just yell my name or hit me with sumthing haha anything will work.

Andrew-- I'm beyond sorry for not bein able to make it up for friday! I feel so bad that I won't be there. :(

I'll probobly be there around 4 till close, if you want we can take a few runs.