Sunday 1/18

rastasquid

got up the mtn at around 12:30. I almost said screw it because the lot was packed, most cars I've seen there in a very long time. Headed down boomer for a few runs, which was groomed out nice, and had some fluffy powder on the sides, the center of the trail was a little slippery though...which was the case on most of the northface. Smoke was closed most of the time I was there for racing or some crap, and when it opened it was an over-ski'd choppy mess. Everything was open today, and the glades were even ridable, but ski patrol yelled at us twice for riding the trees, which has never happened to me before(they were yelling at people but everyone was in the trees, because they were just like "dont do that" and would ski away". The park on spike is developing, had some huge piles on it, and a few boxes that were fun, but mainline has nothing on it all, except for the spine and stuff at the bottom where the ohnine jam was. Overall, good conditions and it was nice to be able to ride the long haul for some longer runs without having to ride 2 lifts.

edit: I forgot to mention, despite the packed lots, there were NO lift lines at all, and the trails were far from crowded, it is more crowded on weeknights on the slopes, and we were like wtf...but when I went into the lodge for a beer, it was apparent that all the saab and volvo drivers were hangin in there.

Edited by rastasquid

edit: I forgot to mention, despite the packed lots, there were NO lift lines at all, and the trails were far from crowded, it is more crowded on weeknights on the slopes, and we were like wtf...but when I went into the lodge for a beer, it was apparent that all the saab and volvo drivers were hangin in there.

I think it's the snow toobers that crowd up the lodge. By toobers I mean the one's who grow roots in the lodge. I swear for every actual tuber there are at least 3 people (mom, dad, & grandmom, etc.) sitting in the lodge all day saving a table with their crap piled all over it. I hope they eventually build the separate tubing lodge that they talked about when they took over.

Don't be hating...lol..anyway it sounds like a legit session.. :D It's good that the patrollers at Sno are lenient..

Yea, its cool that they weren't being huge jerks or anything, I was watching that show about Blue on trutv, and it seemed like some of those guys down your way live to be douches. I still don't know why they even said anything, people ride the trees all the time, and I was in the actual"glades" area.

They were probably just concerned about your ability level... it is a black diamond trail.... :D

Snoskier

Yea, its cool that they weren't being huge jerks or anything, I was watching that show about Blue on trutv, and it seemed like some of those guys down your way live to be douches. I still don't know why they even said anything, people ride the trees all the time, and I was in the actual"glades" area.

They were probably just concerned about your ability level... it is a black diamond trail.... :D

Snoskier

haha, is it really? The funny thing is the second time, I immediately ducked back in, and after about 50ft, I clipped a tree with my tail and chipped my topsheet. oh well.

I'm up at sno right now. Snow is great. Very nice packed powder. Place is not very crowded

As for glades there is not enough snow to ski them. At the ppoint you see sticks there are issues.

Snoskier

uote name='rastasquid' date='Jan 19 2009, 10:18 AM' post='222554']

haha, is it really? The funny thing is the second time, I immediately ducked back in, and after about 50ft, I clipped a tree with my tail and chipped my topsheet. oh well.

ide love to know the condition of the parks if anyone has any info it would be appretiated, I'm probably going up tonight reguardless but I would love to know what to expect so I know if its worth it to bring the DH.

There was pleanty of snow for the glades, sticks just add to the fun, technecially you can snowboard across water and grass so... grow some balls and learn how to p-tex...

Saying that, I have to say the glades werent that fun anyway, go on the right side of lightning, much better...