TR 1/19

RootDKJ

Over on AlpineZone, I've been posting some Real Time Reports from my crackberry.

Here's the summary from today

10:04 AM

Blue Mt - Jan 19 2009

Partly sunny / mostly cloudy temp around 25. Feels crisper comapred to yesterday. Snow very firm and very fast. Razors and Challenge have small death cookies on them, but edge-able. Lazy is sweet as usual & Paradise is the same. Crowds aren't too bad right now, but there's 2 ambulances loading patients right now. Sucks.

No lifties working on the quad or six pack yet. I'm sure the bus loads will be here soon.

There's some really piss poor grooming on the intersection of Falls, Razors and Home Strech where there's rock hard ice bumps trails that the groomers left behind. There's no real way to go over it but to flatten out and prey the snowsnakes don't get you. Major carnage happening.

Next stop - Main St, safety meeting on the double, & Switchback. Nice relaxing day so far, hitting about 5 runs an hour.

11:29 AM

Typical Blue shitshow bizzaro world now. VIP line rocks. Did Raceway into Burma after gettinf small. Raceway was really nice until Connector where there that weird grooming again. Kinda like 2 sets of~~~~~~ intersecting across the fall line. Arrgh

So much snow on the trees on Burma, it could pass for Vermont at parts. I think I saw toast here.

11:35 AM

Forgot to mention that the bite valve on my Camelbak sprung a leak.

GSS - 12:24

Any line cutting ski instructors??

Root - 12:46

No, just the opposide. The liftie is totally ingoring the VIP line. I had to wait over 15mins to get loaded.

I'm out.

Good day, but it went from empty to packed in 10 minutes. Anyone else up there today notice the funky grooming where Razor's, Falls and Home Stretch meet?