TR 1/21-1/23

moe ghoul

A short TR:

Wed: Hit Blue for a 3 hour session on Wednesday, snow was decent, we skied for free cuz the scanner guy was fumbling with his sandwich baggy in the little booth and waved us thru. Steezy, since we were sporting our flex pass. Now we got 7 trips instead of 6. :) Left Blue by 3PM and drove up to Elk. Checked in at Chet's and had a good time at the bar eating and drinking until 1AM, met a coupla liftees and a bunch of locals shooting the crap about the area, real estate, Elk, etc.

Thurs: Up and at em by 6AM, backtracked to the Elk Diner in Clifford for b-fast and were on the lift by 8:40AM. Overcast, flat lite, in the high teens, no wind. The whole mountain was open, including Lehigh, we spent the day lapping Lackawanna, Tunkhannock and Chipewa, all ungroomed at their top half. Basically, continued working on bump technique and getting a great workout to boot. We named Lackawanna "A cups", Chipewa "B cups" and Tunkhannock "C cups". By the end of the day we had a whole new lexicon of bump lingo, mostly tit related with a few stripper references, lol. Conditions were good, bumps were a little hard in the AM (implants), but we managed to soften them up by lunch time. Took a short lunchbreak and skied til 3:30, then headed back to Chet's. Drank and ate until about 10:30 and crashed.

Fri: Packed up our gear with blue skies, 22 degrees at 7AM, Eyeopener sandwich/coffee at Elk, and a bunch of friends rolled into the lodge as we were heading out. Pretty much ran the same 3 ungroomed runs, with a few groomer runs with the ladies. Temps gradually worked their way to around 40 and it was a sweet day snow wise and bump wise. Finished the day with a run down Lehigh cuz we never checked it out, it's pretty much a long azz Lazy Mile, but it had some nice views from that side of the hill. Caucasians in the bar and we hit the road by 5PM. Only pix I took were scenic and/or of Chet's Place.

I was there Thurs/Fri as well.

Snow was great. No wind was a big plus (always seems to be really windy when I am up there). Those trails should be renamed now. lol

People were stuck on one of the lifts (B lift I think its called) for a little while Friday afternoon after it broke down.

I was there Thurs/Fri as well.

Snow was great. No wind was a big plus (always seems to be really windy when I am up there). Those trails should be renamed now. lol

People were stuck on one of the lifts (B lift I think its called) for a little while Friday afternoon after it broke down.

Yeah, about 8 peeps we knew got stuck on it and got evac'd by the patrollers. They got a 1/2 day voucher for it.