A New Atomic for Atomic

Ski

Okay, Atomic, I just gave it a full test drive and here's my zwei cents:

The Atomic SL:11 is the best ski I've ever ridden. It seems meant for a wide stance and can handle turns at any speed. Transitioning from fast slalom turns into GS turns, then back, is no big deal. You always have the ski under you. I couldn't max it out on White Lightning, but with tonight's snow, I couldn't really test it at high speed in a tuck. I guess that'll be the deciding factor in whether it becomes the 'every day' ski. I rode it down the right side of Boomer, through medium and small bumps and it loved them. Then I jumped back out onto the headwall and arced big turns. The bigger shovel is really nice...I've always felt the turn inititation with the GS:11's was a little lacking because of it's sidecut. The SL:11 makes the 9.12 and 9.16 seem like cars before power steering; it's that drastic of a difference.

But even if you have GS:9.21's or GS:11's, you have to own this ski.

Mine are 157's, btw...

Okay, Atomic, I just gave it a full test drive and here's my zwei cents:

The Atomic SL:11 is the best ski I've ever ridden. It seems meant for a wide stance and can handle turns at any speed. Transitioning from fast slalom turns into GS turns, then back, is no big deal. You always have the ski under you. I couldn't max it out on White Lightning, but with tonight's snow, I couldn't really test it at high speed in a tuck. I guess that'll be the deciding factor in whether it becomes the 'every day' ski. I rode it down the right side of Boomer, through medium and small bumps and it loved them. Then I jumped back out onto the headwall and arced big turns. The bigger shovel is really nice...I've always felt the turn inititation with the GS:11's was a little lacking because of it's sidecut. The SL:11 makes the 9.12 and 9.16 seem like cars before power steering; it's that drastic of a difference.

But even if you have GS:9.21's or GS:11's, you have to own this ski.

Mine are 157's, btw...

ahh, you're making me spend too much money. I have decided, as much as I hate to do it, and as much as I hate to admit it, I am going to get a job this summer :o . I need to buy too many skis :lol: Next years quiver: 176cm GS:11s & 165cm SL:11

Ski999...If you ever get the chance to demo this years Elan SLXs...I would love to know what you think about them....

And uhh isn't 157 a lil short for you? I know when I was fooling around on a pair of 157 dynistars...They were super quick, I mean super quick, but I don't think I would be able to race on them (just not really long enough)

Ski999...If you ever get the chance to demo this years Elan SLXs...I would love to know what you think about them....

And uhh isn't 157 a lil short for you?  I know when I was fooling around on a pair of 157 dynistars...They were super quick, I mean super quick, but I don't think I would be able to race on them (just not really long enough)

157's aren't too short cause Atomics make such good skis :D

It has nothing to do with the ski...Just the lack of a tail...How are you supposed to healsurf? :dunno

Anyway Jeff, you force the skis around when you make your 'quick turns' and I don't think that would change much even if you were on a SL ski...So for you it doesn't really matter :nana

It has nothing to do with the ski...Just the lack of a tail...How are you supposed to healsurf? :dunno

Anyway Jeff, you force the skis around when you make your 'quick turns' and I don't think that would change much even if you were on a SL ski...So for you it doesn't really matter :nana

lol, no crap I do. I KNOW im doing that. I'm doing it on purpose. I'm not always arcing.

I don't want to f*cking ask ski999 if you can arc or carve...Why do I need to ask him for everything about you....Aren't you able to take on run and just show me -_-

'dude, how many laps do we take at camelback together, were we fly off the headwall and just arc the crap out of the runout till we hit the lift? If you aren't watching, at least someone else is :D

Hi, girls!

Uh, the 157's are stupid short, as are my 171 GS skis. But those are the courses I ski. But when you think about it, 'Dude, the World Cup men were down to 155's before the rule change. Done right, it's the fastest way down a slalom course. Think roller blades on snow; two legs moving in a wide stance, while the upper body is frozen.

And, yeah, you're vulnerable as crap to popping a wheelie, which is why you stay out of the back seat.