TR Windham 2/16/09

RootDKJ

Date(s) Skied: 2/16/2009

Resort or Ski Area: Windham

Conditions: Mix of chalky powder and sugar on hardpack & fast. Temp in the mid 20's, sunny & warm.

Trip Report: Presidents Day at Windham was great. Clear blue skies, minimal crowds and nice fast snow, very easy to lay an edge into and keep it there. We arrived a little after 9am and skied until 2pm with out stopping for lunch. By the end of the day, my knee was giving me a little discomfort, but nothing like what I was experiencing two weekends ago. I'm sure it's going to be ok and I plan on going back into the gym tomorrow after work. Lift lines were minimal, I was very surprised about that, however, the parking lot was very full when we left.

Here's some pics from today:

Ski-Windham2009020.jpg

Ski-Windham2009023.jpg

Ski-Windham2009034.jpg

Ski-Windham2009044.jpg

Ski-Windham2009048.jpg

Ski-Windham2009062.jpg

Nice pictures...next time you go to Windham invite me!!!! It was the first place I ever skied outside of PA..aside from Rocking Horse Ranch down in New Paltz..

I might be going back to Windham Saturday 2/21 because I have one voucher left, but I think you're heading to VT. My folks took me to RHR as a kid...good times

did you see anyone land in that bag thing?

The air bag was getting a lot of use. $25/day or $100 for the season.

Root it looks like Windham could be far enough north for some good accumulation from this next storm. Was there still some natural snow on the ground at Windham???

Yeah, not enough to ski on though. The few trails that don't have snowmaking were total glaciers and closed. I have one Snowbomb voucher left, and most likely will head up there on Saturday if they get hit.