moving to twin tips

krs1pitt

what's up guys, i just found this forum and I am making the move back to skiing after boarding for so many years. I've been renting skis at local mountains whenever i don't feel like riding my board and am thinking about buying some skis / boots / bindings for some twin tip riding next year. I was wondering if anybody had some suggestions for an ideal setup for some freestyle riding that wouldn't be too hard on the pocket <1000. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks.

yo dude, i've got a pair of brand new 08 Armada AR6's for sale. 300 for the skis if you're interested. They retail for over 5 bills. You could get a really good pair of bindings (Loox PX 12's/Rossi SAS12's) for under 180 in the preseason of next year, which would leave you well over 500 dollars for boots alone, which would be way more than enough for what you're looking to do. lemme know if you're interested.

Best thing for boots is to just go to a shop and start trying stuff on.

Tecnica and dalbello fit my foot really well but other people prefer salomon and what not. My advice, go to the store, buy the boots that feel the best no matter what they cost from your budget and work backwards from what you have left and buy the skis and bindings. You will trash the skis eventually but a good pair of boots is going to last a really long time. A bad pair of boots will make life miserable.

well it looks like i'm going to be picking up some armada ar6's, trying to figure out bindings that aren't too pricey. any opinions? I was looking at the salomon z10 / z12 ti's.

they are pretty legit i have 2 pairs about to be 3 if i get new skis and ive never had any problems with them.