Toecap straps

backcountry_rider

I've been riding burton mission bindings for the past year and they're the first bindings I've ever had with toecap toe straps. I really like how they keep my heel stuffed back in the binding, but the damn things seem to be popping up and over my boot recently.

I don't have really big feet. My boots are 28.0 (10.5 shoe, 10 in most snowboard boots) and I ride a wide deck.

Does this happen to anyone else? Should I be ratcheting them down super tight?

I always avoided caps because it seemed like the park junkies liked them, so I figured they sucked for speed/carving. I was wrong.

I had the original Burton cap straps on my old P1's, and they were horrible. No matter how I adjusted them, or tightened them, they would always slip up. Prior to this year I was riding Burton SL-6 boots, so the theory of the straps not slipping on Burton boots isn't true. This year I switched to Ride bindings with Salomon F24's, and their "convertible" strap is far superior. Since the strap is a grippy rubber, it never moves, after you've strapped in.

I have a set of the old Missions, too, and yeah, the toecap did the same thing. I just replaced it this season with one of the new toecap straps (the kind with the cutout in the middle), and it stays put a whole lot better. The whole inside is rubberized, and the cutout seems to surround the toe a whole lot better.

Fixed. Thanks for all the replies, everyone. I changed the ladder to the other slot and cranked them down tight. The only time they ever slid up on me was while I was waiting for the rest of the group, kneeling. Now I'm sold on the capstraps--don't think I'll ever go back. Keeping my heels tight in the back of the binding really allows for some deep carves.