Snow Conditions at Cback?

Melissa

Hey All,

I'm headed to Camelback Friday night, and I was curious if anyone has been there lately. If so, is the snow in good condition? The last and only time I've been there was late March last year, and the snow was crappy.

Thanks!

I was there Sun, Mon, Tues & Today this week and the conditions have been GREAT! No ice nice carveable packed powder it feels like but not sure how the Pocono conditions are gonna fare these 40+ degree days. Go during the day not at night unless you want to risk possible freeze over conditions.

I just checked accuweather, it's supposed to rain during the day Friday and the temp is going to drop at night but it should stay above freezing so it's a toss up for Friday night.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

Hey All,

I'm headed to Camelback Friday night, and I was curious if anyone has been there lately. If so, is the snow in good condition? The last and only time I've been there was late March last year, and the snow was crappy.

Thanks!

Go first thing in the morning. If you wait until night, things start to freeze up and it will be scraped. The place also gets more crowded, being a Friday night.

Edited by bigdaddyk

Thanks all for the reports!

Of course, I just heard from my little sister that ski club got cancelled tonight. Probably a good idea, but I had totally psyched myself up to go skiing tonight, even if it would be raining. Looks like I'll be there another Friday night though, perhaps with better conditions!

Thanks all for the reports!

Of course, I just heard from my little sister that ski club got cancelled tonight. Probably a good idea, but I had totally psyched myself up to go skiing tonight, even if it would be raining. Looks like I'll be there another Friday night though, perhaps with better conditions!

The whole mountain closed at 4:30 due to the rain. Better luck next time, hopfully you'll come on a day with better conditions than tonight would have been.

groomed crust turning to mad sweet and low..

Exactly how it was on Saturday but more like "angry sweet and low".

We've been skiing CB all winter and yesterday by far was one of the worst in terms of the ice.

It was really sad when you take Nile Mile as the first run in the morning and you can't hold an edge to save your life. And I had tuned the skis the night before.

Marjies and Rocket were decent in the morning but by lunchtime everything was scraped off.

Lots of people being carted off in sleds. Ski patrol had a very busy day.