End-of-season wax question

julz m

Just wax with warm weather wax (red or yellow) and LEAVE IT ON. Make sure there is wax left on the metal edges, sides and base, to help ward off rust. Store in a DRY location (not the garage) and prop up on something to prevent the bottom edge coming in contact with cement (which can release moisture from the ground below) or, of course, any flooding.

yea it is hot wax. going to do that cleaning method with scraping off the warm wax first though. i am assuming that i will not need to wax other than scrape my board before next season? i know im a noob, its my first year waxing.

o and how often should i wax my board? i have been doing it every 3-4 times i ride.

yea it is hot wax. going to do that cleaning method with scraping off the warm wax first though. i am assuming that i will not need to wax other than scrape my board before next season? i know im a noob, its my first year waxing.

o and how often should i wax my board? i have been doing it every 3-4 times i ride.

I wax every 2-3 times out. With skis, it's easy just look for the wax graying in parts, and then you know it's time to wax. I'll also wax if I know the snow conditions are going to radically change overnight...ie new snow today and cold so use a blue wax, warmer and rainy tomorrow, so I might re-wax with a red. I should really wax every other time out but sometimes I get lazy