keep? garbage? Need?

snowboarddude

ok, i'm glad someone said this. cause it's what i was thinking at the end of the season. and i know park crew works their asses off and does a great job, so i don't want to sound like i'm bitching, but i feel like there's not many options put out for those of us who are beyond the 'family park' but don't want to go huge either.

i know bear's got limited space to work with, so it's smart to max out on everything in the park, that's why people go there. but yeah, i feel like there could be a little more love for us intermediate park riders.

They did accomidate to you guys all year, especially in the halfpipe area. They made the lips on almost every flatbox or flat rail so you could ethier jump on, or ride on. They had the butter box set up so you could ethier jump on from the front, or ride on from the side. and when they had alot of snow, most of the rails were built up.The black bear jump line was perfect for all types of rider levels, all year long.

The one thing i dont like about when they do this, is when they have a harder rail, like the new urban down rail, and they make the lip super poppy and they make it so its less than a foot to jump on. Its super un-natural and really akward. But they tried there best to cater to everyones needs.

They did accomidate to you guys all year, especially in the halfpipe area. They made the lips on almost every flatbox or flat rail so you could ethier jump on, or ride on. They had the butter box set up so you could ethier jump on from the front, or ride on from the side. and when they had alot of snow, most of the rails were built up.The black bear jump line was perfect for all types of rider levels, all year long.

The one thing i dont like about when they do this, is when they have a harder rail, like the new urban down rail, and they make the lip super poppy and they make it so its less than a foot to jump on. Its super un-natural and really akward. But they tried there best to cater to everyones needs.

yep and they built 2 low double wides one short one long and 2 low boxes one long one short anddd the dfd was always very low urban so if neone wanted to learn urban it was easy for that.

thats exactly what i ment with the palmer rail on the last day.

he got fired? and man up, it doesnt hurt that much if you fall off of a box, the only things that can really mess you up as far as falling off of are the a frame and bigcase, and etc. If your afraid to spin onto a box thats 2 feet out of the ground, then maybe you shouldnt....

Where is he going ?

I remember back in the day when he took things over...good for him. With his skills he needs a bigger mountain.

HAH, hilarious, you are a little late, april 1st was about 6 days before your post. Still funny though.

Edited by TylerDurden

with his skills he needs a bigger mountain?

Id like to see the jumps he would make. 65 foot stepdowns with landings mellower then a bunny hill.

Get some new blood in the ironworks

Both of you guys need to realize were Bear was at when they were purchased and how much he had to do with getting bear to be one of the better parks in PA. Bitch all you want but he was pretty responsive to what people wanted and tried out a bunch of shit that had no business being in Macungie, PA.

Get out of PA and BC and look around at what other hills are offering up and what they do with far better conditions and a far better mtn.

The very first year I used to run into Andy almost every night out riding and having a good time, the last two years I think I may have seen him two or three times. I highly doubt either of you would be willing to put that kind of commitment in to running the parks.

Mellow landings sure but lets be honest BC is a tiny bump they carved out some trails on. It sure as shit isn't Whistler or even Blue. If you want to make things really different at BC figure out a way to add 500 ft to the hill and have it be more than 10 degrees for 80% of the mountain.

You know what they deal with in terms of snow and grooming and all that horse shit so be appreciative of what you had and be hopeful that whoever runs the show in the future isn't a total fuck up.

Its real easy to bitch when you aren't the one doing anything.

Both of you guys need to realize were Bear was at when they were purchased and how much he had to do with getting bear to be one of the better parks in PA. Bitch all you want but he was pretty responsive to what people wanted and tried out a bunch of shit that had no business being in Macungie, PA.

Get out of PA and BC and look around at what other hills are offering up and what they do with far better conditions and a far better mtn.

The very first year I used to run into Andy almost every night out riding and having a good time, the last two years I think I may have seen him two or three times. I highly doubt either of you would be willing to put that kind of commitment in to running the parks.

Mellow landings sure but lets be honest BC is a tiny bump they carved out some trails on. It sure as shit isn't Whistler or even Blue. If you want to make things really different at BC figure out a way to add 500 ft to the hill and have it be more than 10 degrees for 80% of the mountain.

You know what they deal with in terms of snow and grooming and all that horse shit so be appreciative of what you had and be hopeful that whoever runs the show in the future isn't a total fuck up.

Its real easy to bitch when you aren't the one doing anything.

Quoted for saying what I think.

well maybe but it definetly wasnt because of him. Everyother park around here stepped up some stuff 4 or so years ago when snowboarding got big cause of shaun white. Management saw hey all the kids will want to do this and their one of our target markets so lets improve are tp's so we get cashhhh money