What's a fun trip to make via car?

Rowsdower

My snowboarding habits have changed immensely in the last few years. Since I live in Philadelphia now, and commit most of my time towards cramming my head full of so called "knowledge" I've got a lot less time, and less means, with which to go forth and shred. Now I look forward to semester break when I'll get the chance to kick back and take one or two trips. If I'm only getting a short window to do something, I'm going to make the best of it, and a nice adventure to a new mysterious mountain is always a lot of fun.

Well anyways, winter is approaching pretty quickly (it seems that way in the city at least) and its about time to start making plans for where I'll head off to come December (makes me feel all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it) As last year, I'll be going by automobile. I'm operating on a budget, but I'm not completely destitute (sleeping in the car is a viable last resort though) and I've got about a week to spend per trip. Also, I'm looking for a mountain that's a lot less trafficked, sort of still retains a mom and pop feel to it. I'm no park rat anymore, so cutting edge terrain parks aren't a necessity, I'm more concerned with the expanse and diversity of the terrain.

If you guys have any suggestions I'd love to hear them. If you have any secret locales you don't want to divulge openly on the forums then shoot me a pm.

Cheers!

Here's what you do, you have essentially two weeks of vacation available so you turn it into one or two traveling shit shows. Grab some friends and some booze and have at it. Lots of cheap places to stay around every mtn so just bring money and a sleeping bag if you decide you'd rather spend the loot on some bud or something.

If you stay at any mountain for a week your going to get bored unless its absolutely nuking and most mtns have zero nightlife in VT and NH so why not move around.

Week One NH

Attitash, Pats Peak, Cannon, Wildcat, Loon, Dartmouth, Cranmore

Week Two VT

Magic, MRG, Smuggs, Burke, Bush, Pico, Bromely

I'd do the VT mtns in the order because you would see the whole state and it would minimize the time spent in the car. I don't remember were exactly all those in NH are located so you would have to look at a map to change the order. You could do something similar in NY state but it be a waste of time, Whiteface and Greek are cool but that really it.

If you do something like this you would have skied at a lot of places that are somewhat off the radar and you would have seen almost the entirety of VT and NH.