Snowmaking to begin in West Virginia

Ride Delaware ?

As per their facebook page, Snowshoe Mountain West Virginia expects to start making snow for the season in the wee hours of Saturday morning. They typically open the Wed before Thanksgiving. However, if conditions allow, as they did last year, they will open earlier. They opened 6 trails on the heels of several snow dumps totalling 50" last year on Nov. 21. They didn't have the staff to open at that time so they pulled office personell to man the lifts and the tickets windows. Even the general manager was loading people onto the lift... Now thats dedication.

Most people probably don't think of West Virginia often, but the 2-3 times I have been to Snowshoe I have had excellent snow and an excellent time... Much easier to justify for me since the distance to get there is the same as it is to the good mountains in the Northeast. For most of you in PA, going North is shorter and a no brainer...

As per their facebook page, Snowshoe Mountain West Virginia expects to start making snow for the season in the wee hours of Saturday morning. They typically open the Wed before Thanksgiving. However, if conditions allow, as they did last year, they will open earlier. They opened 6 trails on the heels of several snow dumps totalling 50" last year on Nov. 21. They didn't have the staff to open at that time so they pulled office personell to man the lifts and the tickets windows. Even the general manager was loading people onto the lift... Now thats dedication.

Most people probably don't think of West Virginia often, but the 2-3 times I have been to Snowshoe I have had excellent snow and an excellent time... Much easier to justify for me since the distance to get there is the same as it is to the good mountains in the Northeast. For most of you in PA, going North is shorter and a no brainer...

When plattekill got blasted early season last year in October, the owner rolled by the mountain and saw people hiking up. Owner went over and offered to spin the lifts for a small fee. No staff at all. Dude is the fucking man.