Stowe/Killington

lineskier18

So I'm at college about halfway between Stowe and Killington and weve gotten 3-4 inches of powder in the last hour and it doesnt look like its letting up anytime soon. Were in a valley too, so I'd imagine theyre getting even more on the mountains. I cant get out to go ski it, but for anyone that can it should be a good day up here.

I'm at Norwich University and I'm in the Corps of Cadets so I can't get off campus my first year, so buying a pass up here is pretty much pointless. At home I've got a pass for Boulder. But I'm literally dead center in the state of Vermont and about 45 minutes from Killington and Stowe.

The most I get to do is some cross country skiing with my Mountain Cold Weather Warfare Unit. And possibly sneaking in some screwing around on the hills on campus next semester lol.

Wow..you go to college in ski country but you can't leave campus..wow..hang in there..sounds like jail..

Yeah...next year I'm gonna be skiing every weekend. I've got enough crap to deal with with all my military training this year and putting up with my cadre that I don't really get to think about it too much and I've only got like 12 days til I'm home at Boulder and can ski anyway. Today sucks just watching it fall though lol.

On the plus side my entire class gets a free day at Smuggler's Notch in February...only downside is I can't rock my Volcom pants n shit since my one staff sgt says were all sposed to look the same...but there's no way in hell I'm using rentals lol

Well it's ROTC. But I'm paying tuition for it so I don't owe time afterward. Like I'm looking for a JAG commission and I don't want to have to deploy and then go to law school after that. I plan on not taking a commission here and going to law school, then taking a Captain's commission after that and going into military law. My school's where ROTC was founded, and it's essentially the same as West Point or Annapolis, except it's a private academy. If you've ever seen the Citadel or VMI it's the same kind of thing, but better lol. Or like the Corps of Cadets at VT. It's also where the term citizen soldier comes from since that was our founder's philosophy after he quit his job as superintendent of West Point and founded all the Senior Military Academies.

We got a little over a foot here in Killington... :) And now it's really windy.

They plan on opening up more base lodges, lifts, and terrain for the weekend (including Pico) which should help disperse some of the crowds! As far as events, Budweiser is also doing a big promotion in Killington this weekend, bringing in a team of their Clydesdale horses and sleigh.

Unfortunately, I won't be skiing or riding anytime soon, because I won't getting my hands on my employee pass until Tuesday. Then I gotta work on getting the Bear Mountain lodge ready to open for the season.

Bring on the snnooowwww!!

Well it gets a lot better next year since I can leave on weekends and stuff. And I've got mostly B's right now, except for my ROTC course that I've got an A in. Plus twice a week I'm learning mountain warfare with my special unit and this is the only place in the country I can do that. And I've got my Varsity Paintball team here too XD