MRV

moe ghoul

hopefully they get some snow when the next cold front moves through..with already thin cover up there on natural snow trails..this rain and warmth will probably close down quite a bit of terrain..MRG Monday...wow..good luck.. :tinfoil: I've never skied VT during the Christmas Holiday week..might be a shitshow..

Coverage is fairly decent, and I just called MRG, nothing coming out of the skies, ie, no rain. Snowcam shows very thin crowds today. Gonna camp, got a lift pass for 'bush for 63$ w/ my VT travel card. Outside chance I'll head up to Jay Sunday, ski it Mon if they are reporting anything worth the extra mileage, then ski Bush tues, and MRG Wed. All plans subject to change.

Edited by moeghoul

Quality ski day in the MRV, snowed throughout the day, crowds were minimal, Heaven's gate was shut down for wind. 5 degrees, gusty winds, lite snow still falling. Knee deep+ in some of the trees off Middle earth near the top, first legit faceshot for the season. No pics taken from the hill, too cold to mess around with gloves, and the iphone's a PITA to deal with when using the ipod, not to mention the lens is cracked and I don't need moisture seeping in. Visibility was limited at times anyway, so pic quality would have been weak. Hitting MRG in the AM then back home. Noreaster for this weekend?

Looks like precipitation Thursday night-Saturday..more likely to be mostly snow from the Poconos northward...

Awesome reports Moe..you rolled the dice right..you know Stowe had all their main lifts except the mountain triple closed today for windhold..Castlerock being fixed grip and sort of sheltered is key..I think Mad River Glen is going to be very very good tomorrow..I might have to take you to the craps tables sometime.. :wiggle

Leaning towards skiin Ellen instead of mrg, it was closed all day today, should be powderific.

Taking decent pix the 1st 2 days was pointless due to poor visibility and yesterday was around 0' until later in the AM. I was wearing glove liners and taking off 2 pairs of gloves was not in the cards. I managed a few shots.

Shots from North (mt. Ellen)

1st chair at 9 on the North Ridge Express

Temps Wed AM around 6

Sugarbush off Middle Earth before slidin into the trees

Random shots from Bush and stowe

So you're staying in your car the whole time?

No. I get out and eat, shit, drink, ski, and socialize outside of the car.

does a bear shit in the woods and wipe his ass with a fluffy white rabbit????? This is the winter of Moe......and I'm not talking about one of the three stooges...

Speaking of the Stooges.....AMC's been running a 3 Stooges marathon all day/nite, with lotsa Curly episodes. Man, it just doesn't get better than this..........:wub: