A few important words

Santa Clauss

Yeah, I'm not gonna go and complain and bitch about recent events even though you probably thought I would...

So apparently were not to ski in the woods on lightning, even though there freeken amazing right now. I got caught and they came down pretty hard on my ass, even though It was well deserved, I was a dick to ski patrol I do see there point and I'm sorry, I respect them and I know there just trying to keep us idiots safe. Saying that, "just because the speed limit is 45mph doesn't mean your gonna do it..."

Because of the 2 people who fell off the lift last weekend, it is NOW a rule to put your bar down. I gave the lifty a hard time (sorta) and I had patrol waiting at the top for me and my friends, went back down to the bottom, my friends gave the lifty shit for calling it in and then his managers were waiting at the top for me. So, I'm pretty much saying, It's now legit, and don't give them shit when they tell you to put the bar down, because there serious.

Peace...

I would ski the woods of lightning no matter what they said. That has the best snow on the mountain at all times and is the most challenging skiing sno has. I dont care what the patrollers have to say to that, if you can do an invert in the park you should be able to ride 300ft of woods skiing.

The bar thing, just do it. It wont kill you to put the bar down every time.

I mean there trying to get the glades going in the upper mountain when they have the most amazing glades on the side of lightning and they don't even have to do

anything... I was told If I was caught again they would take away my $580

pass, they didn't even clip it or anyhing! and I was respectful to

the patroler who caught me, it's when 5 more of them came up givin me

more shit repeating everything the guy lectured me about, that's when I started flipping shit, but later on that night the head guy for

Monday night talked to me any my friends, he was a really nice guy And I think he saw where I was coming from...

Sorry if this post is fucked up, I'm on an iPhone

I mean there trying to get the glades going in the upper mountain when they have the most amazing glades on the side of lightning and they don't even have to do

anything... I was told If I was caught again they would take away my $580

pass, they didn't even clip it or anyhing! and I was respectful to

the patroler who caught me, it's when 5 more of them came up givin me

more shit repeating everything the guy lectured me about, that's when I started flipping shit, but later on that night the head guy for

Monday night talked to me any my friends, he was a really nice guy And I think he saw where I was coming from...

Sorry if this post is fucked up, I'm on an iPhone

maybe if you had a phone that had an actual QWERTY keyboard that slid out of the back of it, like a ninja would, you wouldn't have so many typos. the iphone sucks as a phone, and the droid is better...i would use it if it had a slide out, fully functional QWERTY keyboard...but it doesn't so I'll stick to my Sprint flip phone because that's the best network in the world, and has the most coverage.

• Like 2

woop woop

look dude, I'm a machinist, my hands are fucked up, I have skin tougher than you'd ever believe, I can type really well but the touch screens doesn't really like my fucked up fingers.

I can't use QWERTY keyboards because my fingers are too big. there even worse than touch screens.

ohh and sprint sucks balls. don't listen to Verison commercials there fucking wrong

Do yourself a favor and put your bar down..it's pretty easy to do. Ever take a look at the size of those trees alongside the quad at the bottom? Take a look at this video, skip to the 10:05 mark. The trees next to the quad are just as big or bigger (thicker).

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-1734472502795274450&hl=en-CA#

Oh and by the way...if the lift starts rolling backwards it'd be a good idea to jump!

When I was in Vermont the one time and we didn't put the bar down they grabbed a megaphone and started yelling at us to put it down...

Edited by riderossi

I will bud but I'm so used to not putting it down I'm sure i'll wind up forgetting, Its jus we were riding all night with them not saying anything, then around 8:30 all of a sudden its like a rule... kinda should have ran it like that all day, not just start in the middle of the night

Lights don't stop at the edge of the trails...

You are somewhat correct. Skiers left is unskiable and maybe, but it is a big maybe, there might be enough light to ski skiers right. At best you could cut in 1/2 way down and have enough light.

I'm pretty sure that Sno closes the "glades" trail (off fast track) at night. I don't think you could identify one area that allows glade skiing at night. Skiing glades at night is a recipe for disaster. You have a low visibility condition where you may not see obstacles and if you're hurt you may not be seen by other skiers.

The discussion between night and day skiing on white is totally different. From the OP it sounds like he was skiing them at night.

Yea, It was monday night. If there were some kinda release I could sign I would haha, I'm confident in my skills and I always wear a helmet...

I didn't start this to complain or bitch about what happened, more as a warning not do it and the thing about the bar because I didn't know it was legit till ski patrol was on my ass lol

• 2 weeks later...

woop woop

look dude, I'm a machinist, my hands are fucked up, I have skin tougher than you'd ever believe, I can type really well but the touch screens doesn't really like my fucked up fingers.

I can't use QWERTY keyboards because my fingers are too big. there even worse than touch screens.

ohh and sprint sucks balls. don't listen to Verison commercials there fucking wrong

dude i'm kidding.

Ohh and i've been to sno like 8 times since this incident and I haven't been told to put my bar down once since then... :angry: douche bag lifty's can go fuck them selves

There are lifts out there that will chuck you out of them if your bar isn't down. I've been on lifts that makes a 90 degree turn around an additional mid lift bull wheel halfway up that will gladly toss a person out of the chair and the lifties there usually don't warn you to put your bar down because of it. Would you be mad at a lifty for not telling you to put your bar down if you weren't paying attention on a lift and it ejected you?

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

Ohh and i've been to sno like 8 times since this incident and I haven't been told to put my bar down once since then... :angry: douche bag lifty's can go fuck them selves

I was there last Saturday and the lifties all said in a pleasant manner, "Please put the bar down." everytime I got on the lift. That was different from when I was there New Years Eve when the lifty running the Iron Horse sort of pretended to hold the chair but never really did. The cute blond running the Long Haul was very pleasant last week. Even asking if the conditions were good and if we were having a good day. I don't know if it was a "training session" or just her personality but it makes a difference when the lifties are nice and actually do their job. I would write an email to management complimenting the new lifty attitude but they never respond anyway. I'm sure all their friends and people who only ski there anyway tell them everything they do is "great!"

The lights still suck.....just in case anyone is listening. ;)

Thank You trackbiker for the input & kudos to the lifties....and never think we don't listen to comments and suggestions.

I'm the person you see walking around on weekends at Sno with that goofy cowboy hat on. I'm a low level lift supervisor and it's my job to float around the mountain making sure things are the way they are supposed to be. If not, don't be afraid to let us know. For the most part we have a good group this year, but there is always room for improvement I'm sure.

I can't speak for management or on the light issue,nor are any of my comments endorsed by Sno management but I'm sure it's something being looked at, so...once again, keep the comments flowing.