G Peak 3/13-14

mbike-ski

came up last night for what looks like our last hurrah at greek for at least the ski season. mtb and wine sippin seasons next :wiggle celebrating mrs snowbunski and super g's (oldest daughter) birpdays. me and jr hit it early with a few sprinkles coming down. only lasted for a run or so, so we did a sweep of the mountain before headingback to respond to a crisis from birfday girl #2. not worth typing a novella but a semi-crisis as only 18 yo girls can have :banghead s'ok cuz we were pretty done anyway, not really sure how to describe the snow conditions other than decomposed and rotten. warms temps, no freeze/thaw corn action, limited skier traffic and no groooming just = shit snow. its the first time i ever felt the tails dragin on the fwd mount twins - very strange.

decided to break out the xc sticks and head for the woods which was way funnerer. coverage was stll pretty good in the woods - after a few climbs hit the downhills to work on a few tele turns with only one awesome superman faceplant :blink: did a little hpscotch on the south and west facing slopes - skiid for about 2-1/2 hrs then hit the hot tub with few guiness. thats all she wrote... maybe i'll post a few cell phone pics later. gettin ready to hit gatherrings for dinner :rock

Edited by mbike-ski
  • Like 1

Sucks about the snow up there. Greek Peak has been on my hit list for a while. I may head up possibly next season since it's only about 2 hours away.

yea i wouldn't bother this year unless they get a late seson dump in the next week or two, definately worth the trip though. todays snow was much better than yesterday - last night rain and some skier traffic made for some fast soft spring snow. hercules was the run of the day with some nice soft bumps on the headwall

yea i wouldn't bother this year unless they get a late seson dump in the next week or two, definately worth the trip though. todays snow was much better than yesterday - last night rain and some skier traffic made for some fast soft spring snow. hercules was the run of the day with some nice soft bumps on the headwall

Sounds like Windham got some snow out of this storm. An e-mail I got said 8" or so fell over the weekend. Assume Hunter did as well then.