Is Perception Reality - One

JollyJake99

From the trail map of C'back, it appears that 1/6 to 1/5 of the terrain is devoted to various parks, etc. with limited access. Although we did only ski weekday (except for the very last weekend) mornings(occaisionally as late as 1 pm),and skied the Stevenson lift almost exclusively. For the entire season, I can count on one hand the number of boarders (& skiiers) that I observed using these parks, whereas on the trails I was skiing, there were numerous boarders. It feels like there is a lot of under-used terrain, or did I just miss the "crowds" in the park 'cause I wasn't there weekends & pm & night?

yep you missed the crowds. most decent parks are heavily used, and camelbacks park is sick. most people using the park are still in school or are out of school and work full time jobs on weekdays. if you go on weekends and after schoool/work time you would see a lot more people in the park. i do cyber school and at bear im one of the only people riding the park during the weekday that doesnt work there. as soon as school lets out kids start packing in.

Because you went in the morning. All the jib honks and park rats are in school they come out in the evenings. Your more than welcome to use the terrain in the park just don't do stupid things like try to get air off of the lips of rails but avoiding the rail itself just go around.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

There seemed to be alot of use of the Upper & Lower Moore's, and Turkey Trot trails, as well as the half pipe after it opened. On the other hand, Rhodo never seemed to have many people in it. I was there on most weekends during the season; just my observation.

As far as being welcome to ski the terrain in the parks . . .only if you pay your $10 and get a park pass.

• 2 weeks later...

Because you went in the morning. All the jib honks and park rats are in school they come out in the evenings. Your more than welcome to use the terrain in the park just don't do stupid things like try to get air off of the lips of rails but avoiding the rail itself just go around.

In the years before the parks were moved to the "East Side", the runs that are now parks made very convenient routes from the main mountian back to the Stevenson Lift! :yes It appears that there is plenty of room on either side of the various features to easily ski thru the parks and if I read the details of the 2010-11 season passes, parks passes are automatically part of the season pass, so I plan to do that very thing next season!