Freestyle boots

Nipples

first of all, have your dad take you to a shop and get fitted properly. personally, i ride lange comp 120 fr's, but thats way to stiff of a boot for you. most people like a softer flexing boot, but it really depends on how much you weigh as far as what boot is going to be soft enough for you.

Speaking of footbeds...I bought a pair out at Park City, and then by chance I happened to win a gift cert for ANOTHER pair. If anyone needs them let me know. They retail for $195+tax (came to like 205 I think).

Surefoot will give make you NEW footbeds for FREE if your still growing and you buy a pair....So for someone like lil steeze he could buy one pair, and get a new pair every year, for free.

Let me know...

nestors does an AWESOME job with boots, and making sure they are the right size and everything. i have to go back this yr to get the custom footbeds for mine....

26037[/snapback]

Nestors honors a 50% trade in which is cool when it means new boots for the boys each year. Last year Steeze got Ridge's hand me downs. I would imagine that next year will be the same scenario given what I have learned this year.

Steeze boots are Lange L8's the plastic cuff was remove all the way to the top buckle (about the top 2") and Booster straps were added (highly recomend). The screw at the back of archilles was removed entirely to allow the boot to flex more. He has not complained about shin bang since a boot fitter in Tahoe suggested and did all the work. I have looked at the 1080's while they are different - it would surprise me to have to do similar work to his boots again. Maybe a poll on who wears what boots over at newschoolers is in line.

What do you guys wear?

Do you land much switch?

Do you have issues with shin bang?

BTW - ridges shins seem to get far more banged up than steezes

Edited by Papasteeze

i posted this already but, Lange comp 120 Freeride is what i ride. i dunno what size he is in, but if you can get him in a pair of crl 80 freerides they should work out well, if you are looking to pay somewhere in the $300 range. its a much better boot than the 1080, much more customizeable liner and whatnot, plus its a lange boot, so you know its going to perform out of the park too. take the bolt out of the back and he's in great shape. nice snug fit on the tongue, i had no serious shinbang all year with my boots.

I like the 1080s i have riden one day on them and thye had a nice flex to them and they were pretty soft. If your looking for a freestyle boot that would be it. But if its for steeze saloman is coming out with a youth freestyle boot called the flyer.

26121[/snapback]

i posted this already but, Lange comp 120 Freeride is what i ride. i dunno what size he is in, but if you can get him in a pair of crl 80 freerides they should work out well, if you are looking to pay somewhere in the $300 range. its a much better boot than the 1080, much more customizeable liner and whatnot, plus its a lange boot, so you know its going to perform out of the park too. take the bolt out of the back and he's in great shape. nice snug fit on the tongue, i had no serious shinbang all year with my boots.

26124[/snapback]

Just grouping the suggestions together